Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is GPS cheap time sync solution?

bobby
bobby Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
Solution Works great use with bittimesync software connects to usb port of your computer can be attatched to inside window for use. https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Nav... Goto lower part of page pick compare to similar when page loads scroll down to tech specs and gives links to manuals and extensive data. Only costs about $25 shipped! Driver assigns it a com port and set the bittimesync software to use gps the comport and 9600 baud.

Answers

• Stephen Hanselman
    Stephen Hanselman Member
    edited December 2018
    Do you have internet full time? If so download Meinberg NTP software (https://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/sw/ntp.htm). This uses the NTP daemon and queries a list, you select, of time servers world wide. I use it for EME
  • bobby
    bobby Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    No full time internet thats why I wanted cheap gps solution.
  • N8FNR
    N8FNR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    What software do you use to get time?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    NMEA Time works with ntp or GPS. Great Windows app.
  • N8FNR
    N8FNR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    So, I hooked up my Chinese Communist GPS synced 10MHz
    reference to my Flex 6400. ( Many referenced here all seem to have the same insides. ) TX reads 0.9HZ high using my Efratom GPS enabled Rubidium frequency standard as the time base for my counter. Then I reversed and put the Efratom to the Flex and the Chicomm unit to the counter. flex still transmits 0.9 Hz high. If I sync the frequency counter with one reference and count the other it reads 0.0 ( Both output 10 Mhz ) But, when I calibrate the internal Flex TCXO at 15MHz the transmit frequency is dead on at 7195.500.0. Any Ideas our there? 
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Tim solved my problem on the Facebook Group.

Tim Ellison Do you have a TX calibration offset value that is not 0? Disconnect the external clock source and look at the frequency offset. It should be 0 if you are using an external source and the source is dead on 10 MHz. Otherwise, do a frequency calibration with a known frequency reference with the external clock connected.

My Rb source is about 0.2 Hz high, so I have to you an offset to correct it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.