Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What I would like to see for my Maestro

AH0U
AH0U Member
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
For me it would be really helpful if I could control my Antenna Genius from the Maestro without having to run the PC just to run the AG..... Possible???

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

You can program the Antenna Genius to follow the Flex radio automatically.

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    That only works after you use the PC to turn on the AG and boot the AG software.... You can't control the AG without a PC
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    My Antenna Genius follow my radio even with my Maestro
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    In the AG instruction show to setup that up.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020

page 16 of the owners manual talks about setup of the Flex Radio

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited September 2016
    Mine does too after I use the PC to boot the AG software... I also need the PC to shift antennas. When I have two or more antennas for the Saane vand
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Can you tell me the page number as my manual says I need to boot the AG software before the Naestro can change babds
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Of of which manual?? AG, Naestro IR the Flex???
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    The AG
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    I don't think you understand my post.... You MUST boot the AG software from a. PC before the Maestro can see the AG ... Once you have run the G software on your PC then the AG will follow the Maestro UNLESS you have more than one antenna for the same band then you must go to the PC to correct the AG setting chosen by the Naestro... There is no way to use. Naestro with an AG without first using a PC to ru. the AG software.... It's a pain if the Naestro is not in the same room as the PC . Tbx fer your response but a PC is required
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited September 2016
    You can't program the AG that is the problem.... You can only program the AG software which means you must run a PC .... No PC, no software... No software the AG will just sit there no matter what the Maestro does. Tnx Es 73, AH0U
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Ranko has said later software releases for the Antenna Genius and Station Genius are intended to be more autonomous. No time frame given. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    I know and I have great faith in him and his gear... Great customer service but I don't think it is totally within his control... Seems like the Flex folks need to get involved too.... It would make things a lot slicker
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Ranko didn't leave the impression that he had anything less than 100% support from FRS. I understood that all the FRS hooks needed were exposed to enable the topology change down the road. FRS also hinted that longer term goals included moving certain software functions from the station's PC to the Flex-6000, again reducing the need for an external computer. To answer your question more clearly, based on what we know it is not possible with the current general release software from FRS or 4o3a. Future releases beyond SmartSDR 1.9.7 and 4o3a AG 3.0 and SG 2.0 may get to there, but it is isn't possible to say when or offer absolutes. 73 Steve K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.