Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

what does your screen look like?

Options
William Hein
William Hein Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
This is what my day-to-day shack PC screen (4 of them, actually) looks like.

SSDR (of course)
CW Skimmer
DDUtil
DXlab Suite
PstRotatorAz
CC User
Google Chome tabs: DXHeat.com, DXMaps.com, RBN, ON4KST, et al

The window with "Main Antennas" is from the 4O3A Signature SSC-XL "Station Genius". My company, Force 12, is the North American importer of this lovely little box. I am testing v 1.5.0 firmware this weekend which has a direct API connection to SSDR for Slice frequency info. No more pretending we are connecting thru RS-232 serial ports! SSC-XL will control multiple antenna switches, Yagi stack switches, Four Squares, anything with a relay, and output BCD data to bandswitch amps and other devices. PTT control with and without prog delay, as well. Will also turn on lights, coffee pots and saunas!image

My contesting window layout is similar but with N1MM Logger+ which has just become my contest logging software of choice.

What does your screen look like?

Bill AA7XT

Answers

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    hey Al, one down. RS-232 and COM ports are SO CP/M.
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I was thinking they are very "AOL dial up"!

Bill AA7XT
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    as long as we're dating ourselves, :-) CPM predates AOL. Al, NN4ZZ and I had this conversation several times, Its refreshing to see vendors embrace IP IPC and USBs.
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Yes, of course! I used CP/M on my 2nd PC, an Osbourne. My first PC was an Apple IIe. I also used early MS/DOS and Double DOS (forgot who made that).

I am gung ho over making extensive use of the Flex API - Slice A freq data is just the beginning.

Bill AA7XT
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    image Sorry it's a little blurry. Mac OSX Yosemite and Parallels. WSJT-X, JTAlertX, MacLoggerDX, and Safari.
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Your screen is better than my screen
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    George, I assume I'm seeing three screens? What Mac are you using? My MacMini runs two displays, im trying figure out how to add another. On my MacMinii I run Win7 Bootcamp; on my MacBook Pro (17"), I run VMWare Fusion. The MBP and Fusion was my Flex6700 FD2014 setup. 73's Mike
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Mike,

Use a USB to DVI adapter. They would never work to display SSDR but you could easily use one to display your logger or any other static pages. I use to use on on my Win7 computer but I believe they work on Macs as well.

Jon...kf2e
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options

Ha!  I got FIVE screens!  :)

I run Log4OM as my general logger.  I also run DX Monitor because it allows me to organize the cluster by frequency on a particular band.  I also keep up FR Stack, SDR Memory, FLDigi, DDUtil, the computer interface for my LP100A watt meter, and the computer interfaces for my KPA500 and KAT500.  Depending on if I am contesting or whatever, I have various browsers or N1MM+ up.

The upside is that I don't need to keep on any lights in the room.

BTW, I am running Windows 7.  One screen is VGA, one is DVI, and the rest are USB to DVI converters.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mike, yes, three screens - I'm using a Mac Pro with a video card holding 6 GB of VRAM. Not that Parallels uses all of it, but it does support three displays without difficulty. The Mini might not be able to easily support that many. 

I've gone back and forth on Parallels and Fusion. Both work well, and for a while I leaned to Fusion. The latest Parallels (under Yosemite) has been a lot better than the older versions).

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    But, Captain, you have better subspace comms and sensors. Not to mention photon torpedoes. I'll never argue with a man who has photon torpedoes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.