Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What does the "low bandwidth" on the Maestro do?

Jim Runge
Jim Runge Member ✭✭
edited September 2017 in Maestro
What does the "low bandwidth" do?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    RTFM (Read the Flex Manual)
    SmartSDR Software Users Guide, section 7.3 Using SmartLink

Alternatively, use the Low BW Connect button to connect to the radio.  This option is only available when connecting to a SmartLink connected radio.  Using this instead of the Connect button starts the radio with a single Panadapter at a low refresh rate and with a single Slice Receiver allowing modest Internet connections to run SmartSDR remotely.
  • Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Thanks Tim.
  • DH1RK
    DH1RK Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Hi Jim,
    I did not use this function for my mobile operation yet.
    From my tests, I could only see half of the transfer rate vs. the standard connection.
    Instead, I´m using the standard connection type (was also more stable for me) and to minimize the total data rate, I always go down with the display update rate settings (Rate + FPS).
    With this approach, I could reduce the total bandwidth around 100kB/s (and less).

73, de DH1RK, Ruediger
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    Adjusting the rates after connecting assumes that you can initially connect using the higher data rates.  This is not always the case, hence the option to connect initially with a lower bandwidth option.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.