Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What do I do ????

Leo Hoffmann
Leo Hoffmann Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
imagev

Note version # 1.4.11.60...........What gives??

Answers

• SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited January 2017

You might be running an older version of SmartSDR. Make sure you are running ver 1.4.11. Don't forget - Sh!t Happens ;-)

• Steve - KD8QWT
    edited December 2016
    More than likely you launched the previous version of Smart SDR.  This could happen if you didn't remove the previous one when you installed 1.4.11.  Note where the icon is pointing to.
  • Gary m0gme
    Gary m0gme Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Had same problem, downgrade and reinstall 4.11 ,worked for me,

Gary m0gme
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I would cancel, it won't hurt anything.  
    Then double check the shortcut to make sure it is pointing to the newest version of SmartSDR. And try again.

If it still does this, then you might want to uninstall and reinstall.
    This may not be the absolute best solution, but I am confident that it should work.

Ken - NM9P
  • Leo Hoffmann
    Leo Hoffmann Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    thanks 4 the help....will reinstall.
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Leo,

You should not need to re install,  just start the correct icon for 1.4.11 version of SmartSDR.    :-)   
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

This means you already installed the new version of sdr and your radio was also updated but you are now trying to run the older version of smart sdr. Most likely you are clicking on the icon for the older version rather than the latest 1.4.11 icon.

This is also going  to happen if you don't upgrade SDR on your remote computers after the radio has been updated.
  • Leo Hoffmann
    Leo Hoffmann Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    using the correct icon....SOLVED THE PROBLEM. again,many thanks
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    This is the correct diagnosis.  You can see from the panel that the radio already has v1.4.11 installed.  If SmartSDR is now saying it will downgrade, click back to the "Startup" tab and it will almost certainly tell you that you are running an EARLIER version of the client software and it is prepared to downgrade your radio.  Locate the v1.4.11 icon / program and run it instead.
  • John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited May 2015
    I hate when that happens.....OOOOOPS
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    That's why it's a good idea to uninstall the previous version before installing the new.  I always keep the previous version installer on the computer in case I need to downgrade for some reason, but I always uninstall the old software itself before doing an upgrade.  That way you don't wind up with an icon for the old version left on the desktop.

• N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I ran into this downgrade situation also. The installer left the 1.4.3 links on the windows 8.1 start screen. I had just installed the freedv option and assumed the radio update was needed but it was a downgrade caused by using the old ssdr links. Maybe the button could say upgrade radio or downgrade radio depending.
  • JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016

I have chosen not to uninstall previous version of SmartSDR when installing the newest update. BUT, the first thing I do after the install process is finished is to remove any and all of the "old" desktop shortcuts so I don't hit the wrong one.

I can understand why Flex does not remove these shortcuts but perhaps, during the install, a choice screen could come up asking if you want to erase previous shortcuts?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.