Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What comes with the Flex 6600M radio

Robert Lonn
Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
What are the items that come with the 6600M radio???

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Radio, packing materials, DC power cord (power pole), software CD, quick start guide, Ethernet network cable, FHM-2 hand condenser mic.
  • Mike Steiner, K7QDX
    edited April 2018
    The fact that you will never go back to a box radio ever again.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Does the microphone not come with an adapter to convert the RJ45 to a proper connection in the back??
  • Daniel O'Connell
    edited December 2019
    I understood that FRS might provide an adapter for a non-Flex mike at the time of shipment.  Is this true? Dan/KC2TRX.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Not sure what you are talking about. What does the Microphone have to do with a RJ-45 connector?  The Flex Microphone is 3.5mm and plugs directly into the back.

The 6600M does not have a mic connector like the Maestro
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    No. You need to buy that yourself. Flex does sell it though.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    If the FHM-2 has an RJ45 like the FHM-1 they'll supply a cable with it to use with the specific radio. It would make no sense for them to offer a radio with a mic without also supplying the proper mic cord. 
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    OK, looks like the Microphone Supplied has the proper end connection for the back of the radio.. I have several desk microphones, Yaesu-Icom etc. that with an adapter can help a lot... But found this a few years ago at a local garage sale for $10.00!! This makes me sound like a high quality radio announcer!! :-)  RCA 44BX

Image result for RCA 44BX ribbon microphone

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I guess I stand corrected. I admit I only eyed my microphone through the plastic as I have no interest in using it but swore it was a 3.5mm connector I saw.

(insert red face smiley here).
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Finally got around to checking this.  The Mic has a 3.5mm and RCA

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    10 bucks in a garage sale! I wanna cry.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Every weekend I go check out the local swap meets for the so called Treasures!!! Sometime even I am amazed at what people have for sale, and have no real knowledge what they have in their possession, but knowledge is KEY!!! Last November, this husband and wife were both telling me that they can NOT be responsible if the unit was Not Working.. Quote " As far as we know, tubes are a thing of the past, so you take your own chances on the unit". I kept a very straight and cool face,, said, I understand,, paid them their $20 asking price, and left with the unit.. After replacing 2 weak tubes tested on my trusted B&K 747 tube checker from my collection of about 500 tubes, the unit was up and running at full operation.. Sold it a week later for a small marked up prophet!!! Yes, I do sleep good at night!!

Marantz 10B FM tuner..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-Marantz-Model-10B-10-B-Tube-Stereo-Reference-Tuner-Audiophile-...

This is NOT the one I sold but gives you an idea of present market value.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.