Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Welcome to the 2017-2018 contest season with the Flex 6000 series radio

2»

Comments

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I will be hosting a multi two tx semi casual effort to set some GW records hopefully with a few friends and a local 2w0 novice station who I have offered to mentor in contesting. Will be using my personal short contest call gw9j and my flex 6300 so2v along with either my ic7300 or a friend's k3 as the second radio. Just need the weather to stop raining so I can get an inverted l up for 80m my spiderbeam yagi up for hf and a k9ay rx system up. Look forward to working everyone in the big contests and to hear how the new radios play 73 Steve gw0gei / gw9j
  • Douglas Maxwell
    Douglas Maxwell Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hope to see you all in the RSGB DX Contest on Sunday starting 0500 - 2300UTC.
    http://www.rsgbcc.org/hf/rules/2017/rOctoberDX.shtml

This is a new contest with UK and Crown Dependencies as multipliers, anyone can work anyone for points so great fun for all, incentive points for higher band contacts. I think this will be a very popular contest and intend to give out GM on all bands SSB/CW.

I'll be active as MM3T with my 6500/KPA500/80M OCFD setup.

A new contest with loads of categories so a chance to grab a record!
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Look forward to working you on some bands Douglas - I will be ssb only high power as gw9j. Probably starting on top end of 80m Hopefully conditions will be good enough for some dx on the low bands. 73 steve gw9j
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Oh! I may try it for a bit. Still prepping for CQWW here, more antennas being installed. Maybe one day I can operate from your side of the pond too. 73 Ria, N2RJ (&M0RAJ)
  • W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Chris, thanks for your encouragement but I'm still not able to do SO2V (or SO2R) with my 6500. The issue concerns operating RTTY on the 6500 using the SO2 (either SO2V or SO2R) in N1MM. I've done all of the configuration as suggested in the document but still am not to get it to work correctly. Either the transmit will revert to slice A or, if it stays on slice B, there is a single MMTTY engine active so I can't decode on slice B unless I change the DAX channel but that then removes the DAX channel from slice A. I am sure I'm missing something but don't know what that might be. If there were a second MMTTY engine active I think all would be OK. Can this be done?
    Thanks!
    John W9ILY
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Hi John.. yes that is what you are missing. Need 2 MMTTY directories and decoder 2 in N1MM is pointed to the second instance
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Will post more detail shortly
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
        Similar is true for FLDigi slice A/B RTTY split.
        (Just for those in that situation)

Ned,  K1NJ

• W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    OK, thanks, Chris. Got that working. One last thing. As I toggle between the two silces, the slice that I toggle away from becomes muted even though I have FDX enabled. While that does not mute the DAX channel but when I am trying to audibly tune in a station on slice B I can't hear him unless I unmute the slice.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    ~ key
    :-)
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    here is a quick rundown for everyone...
    Setup SO2R rtty for Flex 6700/N1mm
    Assumes you are setup using the flex SO2R instructions for N1MM
    Download MMTTY and install
    http://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmtty.php
    Assumes you put accept the default
    C:hammmtty
    copy the mmtty directory and name it mmtty 2
    Launch SSDR, open 2 slices and place them in RTTY mode
    ensure slice 1 has dax channel 1 active and indicated. 
    ensure slice 2 has dax channel 2 active and indicated. 
    Launch MMTTY in the first directory and configure the RX audio for DAX AUDIO CHANNEL 1 and select DAX audio TX for the TX and save
    Launch MMTTY in the second directory and configure the RX audio for DAX AUDIO CHANNEL 2 and again select DAX audioTX and Save
    (you should see you scope  working correctly on each instance as you do this)
    Now lets configure N1MM.  Launch N1MM as SO2R
    go to configure, configure ports, mode c......
    select digital modes tab
    On digital inteface 1 tab select Soundcard. in the mmtty browse to MMTTY first directory and select mmtty
    On digital interface 2 tab select soundcard. in the mmtty browse to MMTTY2 and select mmtty
    go back to the hardware tab, click set on each flex 6000 instance and ensure you select ptt via radio command in digital mode on each, click ok to save all these settings.
    type RTTY in entry window 1 and MMTTY instance 1 should launch with DI1 window 1
    type RTTY in entry window 2 and MMTTY instance 2 should launch with DI2 window 2.

that should get you started, there are some additional tweaks I will put in a doc.

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Makrothen rtty this weekend.. have fun!
  • W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Perfect, Chris. The tilde  ~ did it.
    John
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    no problem. now for some advanced rtty contesting config.

dont forget you can have up to 4 additional decoders per DI, they can prove useful in rough copy conditions.  Using 2Tone in various configurations is the most popular.  make sure you make a copy of 2tone for each configuration instance.  you can add them from the N1MM DI interface

Setup > add RX windows. > open additional rx windows.  Select MMTTY as window type and browse to the instance of 2tone for that RX window. 

Very useful in difficult copy conditions and often pulls one out the others miss.

Doing this is a breeze with the flex virtual audio...
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    see http://www.aa5au.com/rtty/ for 2 tone and its different configs.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    here is a pic with 2 slices setup with MMTTY and 3 instances of 2tone each.  1 spread, 1 flutter and 1 selective
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Ditto
  • Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited May 2020
    After a very wet weekend, working in the field on both days, we managed to get the 80m inverted v up to 65ft in the biggest tree (lucky first cast with my fishing rod!) and put up my spiderbeam wire yagi on a guyed mast with three elements on 20/15m and four on 10m. 10db snr RBN spot this evening into w7 with just 100w beaming over south America so looking forward to cqww now. Multi two in the ssb leg as gw9j
    73 Steve gw0gei / gw9j

• James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    same here waiting for my Flex 6600 , tick .....tick .....Nov 2017 maybe! ordered 25 May.

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    we were making the shot across the pond from California just this last weekend during JARTS RTTY..  
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    See you in the scrum this weekend Steve. New SCC is M1C 

73 GL
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    See you this weekend. I'll be single op. I have 2 elements on 80 beaming Europe, the SteppIR and some other antennas aiming South. We'll see how that plays. 

Ria
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Fine business.  I probably will be on part time from my hilltop station, may zero in on a single band effort.. 15m is my specialty.. when it plays.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.