We need a new set of superlatives for the Flex 6000

• Praise
  • Updated 5 years ago

I thought the receive function was great until V1.2.17. 

The display with the smaller tag and type style is much easier to read, especially in a busy screen.  (Did I miss the "WIDE" tag?).  The panadapter is cleaner but I expect that is all about the changes to the receiver and filtering.  I'm sure my noisy environment didn't change the same day as this upgrade but the solid underlying hash has been replaced by specific birdies at harmonic intervals.

Thanks for the additional zoom in; it is so detailed now that the scale duplicates 100hz grid squares (50Hz per scale line). 

About filters:  Other than how clean the display is, I have run the filter width down to 10Hz on a 6M beacon with no problems; very clear copy.  Listened to a W1AW pileup on 20M and seem to be better able to pick out the calls that W1AW.  

I need something better than WOW, WONDERFUL, EXCEPTIONAL; knowing that it will only get better.  We need a new set of superlatives! 

Thanks Flex - Your effort shows.

Photo of Stan - VA7NF

Stan - VA7NF

• 469 Posts
  • 118 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Neal - K3NC

Neal - K3NC, Elmer

• 561 Posts
  • 191 Reply Likes
Whenever I am confronted with something so great, so fantastic, so overwhelming, I always say 
"That is just Tim!"
Photo of W5XZ - dan

W5XZ - dan

• 571 Posts
  • 86 Reply Likes
or Steve...

Photo of Stan - VA7NF

Stan - VA7NF

• 469 Posts
  • 118 Reply Likes
Please define:  What is a "Better than Steve" or "Better than Tim" superlative?  Have to find the people first!
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P

• 4239 Posts
  • 1351 Reply Likes
I haven't gotten home to upgrade to 1.2.17 yet.  Do you mean that they made the display on my 6500 even better than it was already?  I didn't think that was possible!