We’re set up and ready to go in Orlando!

• Praise
  • Updated 1 week ago
We’re set up and ready to go at Orlando HamCation! Come get a live demo of multiFLEX!
Photo of Matt - KD5FGE

Matt - KD5FGE, Employee

• 125 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Jimmy Collis

Jimmy Collis

• 38 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
When are you going to post on YouTube
Photo of Gary Wise

Gary Wise

• 77 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
I'm here! See you tomorrow! 73 de Gary W4EEY
Photo of Matt (K0KB)

Matt (K0KB)

• 104 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
How many operators per cup?
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 695 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
So where is the release??
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1234 Posts
  • 262 Reply Likes
It is still being tested. It will be released whenever it is ready. The demo at Orlando is to allow people to see some of the features coming in the 3.0 release.

Flex does not specify release dates.
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 695 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
We know they don't specify release dates.. Didn't they have a PGXL there 2 years ago and didn't a lot of people put down $1000 to get one and they're still waiting for it.
Photo of Craig Williams

Craig Williams

• 127 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Looking forward to seeing it in Yuma

Photo of Mike - VE3CKO

Mike - VE3CKO, Elmer

• 403 Posts
  • 170 Reply Likes
I see no coffee maker attachment feature wasn't this remote brewing feature suppose to be in v3?
Matt where are you hiding that?  In all seriousness, have a good show!
(Edited)
Photo of Steve K9ZW

Steve K9ZW, Elmer

• 1321 Posts
  • 668 Reply Likes
@VE3CKO - with FRS partner 4o3a's products I am working on that coffee maker attachment (for real) as well as other in shack comfort feature automation.

@Craig W and FRS - when is Yuma and will FRS be showing there?  Might be possible to divert during business travel to catch that show.

@WW1SS - you won't need a PGXL (if you have an order deposit on one) to use SmartSDR v3, but you will have twice as much PGXL fun if you did!!

It's winter-nippy as I type here in Wisconsin (circa 4 F or -16c if you're a metric-minded person) and much colder if you factor the windchill, so Hamcation looks <<REALLY>> good from here!  

Only downside I could see is that the icefishing must be lousy!

GL & 73

Steve
K9ZW
Photo of Craig Williams

Craig Williams

• 125 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Yes, Flex will be at the Yuma Hamfest.
Photo of AB4RW

AB4RW

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
best of luck to you guys, I LOVE MY FLEX!!!!
Photo of Rick  WN2C

Rick WN2C

• 280 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Ok so I guess the deals are not going to Hamcation just online
Photo of Winston VK7WH

Winston VK7WH

• 270 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
As I understand it Rick, there was an email from Matt Youngblood outlining the specials, and offering the same deal to customers for the duration of Hamcation
(Edited)
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 291 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
I spent a little time going over the demo with Matt.  Here are a couple impressions.

1) If two people are accessing the radio you get a TX indication on the screen near the freq readout indicating the other user is transmitting.
2) I did not see any indication of the operating condition or frequency of the other user on the screen.  It seemed each user could operate without interference from the other operator until the time one of them goes to TX.
3) Each connected client (meaning Maestro, SmartSDR on a PC or iOS device) is identified by a name which is assigned in the menu.  This name is also transfered over to DAX and CAT so you can make selections of what you want.
4)The second user does not have their own Smartlink sign in but rather must use the same signin and password as the station owner.  Matt did verbally indicate that seperate Smartlink logins and maybe even an admin interface to control what and where the second user can go/do might be features in a future release.
5) There is a new Menu item which appears somewhat like a spreadsheet table and allows the quick administration of some operating constraints such as band and power output.  I did not spend much time on this but it looks like a faster way to look and assign come of the conditions now done with a profile.

John K3MA