Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WaveNode Power Meter

Options
Wondering I anyone is using one of these great meters and may be able to give me a hand.
The meter software has a option to inject different types of calibration tones. My issue is getting the software to key the radio. I am not seeing anywhere to select a com port etc. FYI, when I trigger a tone I can here it through my PC speakers 
If anyone has this option up and running-- please let me know.
Rig is a 6500
Regards,
Larry
N7ZDR

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have a couple of Wavenode Meters but I have not tried to use the tone and I will not be back in the USA to try it until October. My best guess is to output the tones to a DAX sound port and then input it via DAX TX by tying the DAX TX to the DAX PORT PTT via VOX would do it
  • Larry Williamson
    Larry Williamson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Howard

I don't see any place in the WaveNode software to select any com ports (way to output the tones).

Thanks,

• Alan WA4SCA
    Alan WA4SCA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have one of these working with my VU5K.  Comm ports are normally used for keying, and so far as I can tell, you need to use the VOX or MOX to key the rig.  I was able to get the audio to the rig by temporarily changing the default audio device to the appropriate VAC.  Don't know if that works with DAX?

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    The previous posts have it correct.

I've  used a 2-tone generator PC program to feed dual audio tones to test IMD in SSB mode. One had to go to the Windows Audio control menu and set the MIC DaX channel as default sound device. VoX operation also a must.  

Good Luck

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @Larry One does NOT use COM ports for Tones One uses Audio ports such as DAX or VAC for tones
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    yep  - dax no cats
  • Larry Williamson
    Larry Williamson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!
    So if I understand this right, I will need to key the radio using either the Vox or Mox. then go into the 
    Windows Audio control menu and set the MIC DaX channel as default sound device.

Thank for all the help-- will give it a try tonight and report back!

Regards,
    Larry

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.