Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Waterfall Persistence Non-Problem

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited August 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows

I just spent the better part of the last 24 hours chasing a non-problem. It is probably in the manuals somewhere, but not where I was looking. It seems that if you turn off the power to the 6700 without having a Waterfall displayed, it triggers the software into a state where the profiles that have had a Waterfall display when stored, no longer load with a Waterfall display, after you turn the radio back on. Even if you create a new Waterfall display in one profile setting, the Waterfall Persistence will not carry over to the other Profiles until you power down the radio with a Waterfall display on the current panafall. This triggers the software into the opposite state, and allows the stored Profiles to display their Waterfalls when loaded.

Solution: This sounds very confusing, and I was going in circles, but it is a non-problem, if you create a panafall and then turn off the power. After that never power down again without having a waterfall on the display.

Al,   N4AB

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The spectrum display geometry settings are not part of radio persistence.  That is a "client side" setting that is unique to the PC SmartSDR for Windows is loaded on.  Any changes you make are stored on the PC, not in the radio's persistence database and are not linked to a radio profile.
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I got that part Tim, that's why I said it was a non-problem. The point that I was trying to explain was that if you shut down the radio with the wrong settings, you can get all **** up, when you restart in the middle of a contest, and are in a rush to get back on the air. That happened to me on Saturday night and then I had to create the waterfall every time I changed bands until the end of the contest (XE RTTY). I was trying to pass on the Information and solution to the other Flex 6XXX owners. After the contest, I couldn't seem to get my thinking straight and went into a downhill spiral. So I went to bed to recover my senses. With a clear head on Monday it did not take that long to figure out that I had created my own problem by shutting down without a waterfall on the display. Thanks for the response. 73 Al, N4AB
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the clarification 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.