Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Waterfall behavior when TX in 2m Band

EA4GLI
EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
I posted this question in a problem report and might not have been the proper place so I ask it in its own thread.

If I TX on 2m through the XVRT port the waterfall stops in ALL the panadapters regardless of having FDX on and being on a different band, on a different antenna and on a different SCU .

The "Show Waterfall on TX: ENABLED" doesn't work either. 

Is anyone else on the 6700 seeing this behavior?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Salvador,

The radio is working as currently designed.  When using the XVTR port, when you transmit, there is a lot of RF signal path switching that happens and in the process, we noticed that it can momentarily disconnect the RF signal path connected to the other SCU on HF.  We also noticed that this generated inaccurate data for the non-XVTR associated panadapters, so we blank them.

There may be a better way to handle the RF signal path switching, but the RF signal path switching  is some of the more complex logic in the radio due to the number of permutations that have to be managed.  I have entered a defect into our bug tracker to take a look at this and see if there are any improvements that can be made, but I want to properly set your expectation that this is going to be a low priority task since we have other higher priority items in the queue.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    OK. Thanks for the explanation.

I appreciate even though I don't completely understand what is causing it. I can almost see how the RF signal path switching could cause issue, but it seems odd that I wouldn't be able to see the TX waterfall of my own transmission if I am in 2m 1 SCU 1 Slice.

Thanks for adding it to the bug report. I know that the whole VHF/UHF is not up there in the priority list, but it would be great if the 6700 could become the go to radio for VHF/UHF.... eventually.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.