Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Want to install SmartSDR CAT for my 6500

Options
Vern
Vern Member
edited November 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
During the initial install of the 6500 I believe I elected NOT to install the CAT program - if that was possible. Now I do. Can not find the software to do it. Ready for DAX things. Using Win 7. In 'Add or Remove Programs' there is no listing of the program. Hints?

Answers

• Drax
    Drax Member
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Search for "SmartSDR CAT Setup" also read the CAT install guide from http://support.flexradio.com/Downloads.aspx
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If you elected to NOT install CAT when installed 1.0.24 ... First look in the Windows START>Programs>Flex Radios systems>SmartSDR Beta 1.0.24 for SmartSDR CAT Setup... If its not there then I would recommend that you rerun the SmartSDR 1.0.2.4 Beta installer Which should install the CAT setup. I don't know of any problem running the SSDR installer twice. The firmware is already on the radio so you should not have to go through that step.. Follow the CAT setup instructions explicitly from the release notes. AL, K0VM
  • Vern
    Vern Member
    edited June 2014
    Options
    First to DRAX: I found and installed the wanted software. Thank you. AL: I see all the things you mention in the "Windows START>Programs>Flex Radios systems>SmartSDR Beta 1.0.24". I am going to hold doing what you suggested. I first start the 6500 followed by starting the CAT pgm. When I click the icon in the task bar the 'Main' is selected. Available Radios list just the 6500 but the 'Connect 3rd Party Program To Port: list nothing! Clicking the down arrow in that same window it list nothing. I suspect there is should be a list of DAX's if noting else. Or maybe a list of COMx ports. Any clue? Vern
  • Vern
    Vern Member
    edited June 2014
    Options
    With the help of a friend who is thinking of buying a 6500 we got the thing running using FLDigi. FLDigi was getting frequency, the button with "QSY" on it (off center in the bottom status bar) came alive but about as sudden as we got it running it quite. Still working on it. Will accept hints. Vern

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.