Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

want to run my 6400 remote

DonE
DonE Member ✭✭
i have both a modem and router in my network and i am going to run individual cat 6 cable for my 6400 and my desktop  do i connect my 6400 and computer to the modem or the router ?

Answers

• KD2OM
    KD2OM Member
    edited April 2020
    Router.

Steve KD2OM 
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    If the modem has an integrated switch (i.e. multiple network ports), you can plug both into that if you have enough ports to go around.  If the modem only has one network port, that will plug into the router and the Flex and computer will both plug into the router.  Either way should work.
    Len, KD0RC
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    If the Modem has a built in router then you want to plug into the Modem as you DO NOT want to be double NATed. 
    If you don't have enough ports on the Modem and it is also a Router I would add a 1GB 8 port switch and plug everything into that switch, just remember the MOST important thing is you DON'T want to be double NATed 

Bret

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.