For the past two months I have been working with the Parallels Access app, my Ipad Air 2, my Flex 6500, my home LAN and a Home based Desktop Windows 7 Computer. With experimentation, trial, and error, I now have a functional remote system that works.
I have completed sucessful QSOs using only my IPad Air 2 linked via Parallels Access App to my home desktop that is connected to my Flex 6500 via my home LAN:
* Remote from my isolated lake house 88 miles from my radio via ATT LTE
* Mobile Remote via ATT LTE cellular network (XYL driving, me with IPAD in my lap)
* Mobile Remote in Shopping Center Parking Lot via Store Sponsored WIFI
* Mobile Remote via local Hot Spot.
What you need to make it work:
* Ipad Generation 4 or Better (Processor too slow on other models)
* Desktop Computer with fast processor connected to your Home Local Area Network
* Flex 6000 series radio connected to your LAN
* Paralles Access correctly installed on your Home Computer (Windows 7 or better, fast processors, and at least 8 Gig of memory) and your Ipad. Make sure you open the correct port on your router (in the Paralles Access how to}
* An ISP that delivers 8 mps or better
How it works.
*Your Home Desktop controls your radio remotely (just like it does when you are at home).
*Your IPAD and home sysstem run Paralles Access
*The latest version of Parallels Access connects your IPAD to your Home computer and you control it via the program and your IPAD. You are Virtually sitting in front of your Home Computer controlling your radio true remote.
Do not even attemp this or waste your time if you:
* Do not know how to configure your home router
* Currently have issues getting your set up stable (what you have works without crashing)
* Don't own a generation 4 or better IPAD with the latest IOS installed
* Have a Slow internet connection
*Have a Desktop Computer older than three years with a slow processor
*Plan to use a Laptop Computer to control your radio.
* When using the IPAD internal mic or the earbud and mic, set the mic gain to 6 (Using this setting I got good audio reports and was asked what mic I was using. The Ham I was chatting with thought I was spoofing him when I told him I was operting remote with the built in IPAD mic and speaker.}.
* Make sure the frame rate is 1 on the panadapter and you only have one band up on the screen. I plan to do a YouTube video when I can find the time that will show my system remote in action.
Please do not ask me how to configure your router or other aspects of your home system. There are so many variable and the permutations are endless. This works for me. I have WAN access to my FLEX 6500 and will fight anyone who tries to take it away from me (you would lose, I am a retired Green Beret, LOL}. This could work with an Iphone 6, but I have a Iphone 5 and the processor is not fast enough.
Good Luck KJ4AUQ