KB4OIF

• 224 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1200 Posts
  • 245 Reply Likes
What height did you plan for? The radio is a little higher than 6 3/4". You should plan for 7 inches to be safe.

Dave wo2x
Photo of KB4OIF

KB4OIF

• 224 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
It's 5 inches to the top of the glass shelf.  8 inches to the bottom of the monitor.  Going to move the shelf back  about 5 inches on the glass top desk to accommodate the 6400M.  I have a similar shelf that has longer legs if needed.  The lamp will be moved.  The boom will be moved over to the left about 5 inches.  The dual band radio will be moved too.   Have 18 inches from the front of the desk to the glass shelf.   6400M is 13.1 I believe.

Wish it was April.
Anxious.

KB4OIF John
(Edited)
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2957 Posts
  • 640 Reply Likes
And you may need more height if you use the feet under the front, witch you likely will.
Photo of KB4OIF

KB4OIF

• 224 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
You are right Bill.  It's bigger than I thought.

KB4OIF
Photo of KB4OIF

KB4OIF

• 224 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Wow.  what a rush.  Open up my email and had an email from Flex.  Opened it up and did not read it properly.  It was an invoice and a tracking number.  I said WOW!!!!!.  then read the fine print.  it's for a cable I ordered for the 6400M.  
Photo of KB4OIF

KB4OIF

• 224 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Got to look at a real 6400M at the Hamcation today.  Bigger than I expected but that's ok.  I have since changed the monitor.  It will be farther back than the picture.  Glass top riser will be gone an a clap mount to the back of the desk for the monitor.
KB4OIF
Photo of Homer1952

Homer1952

• 9 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2961 Posts
  • 642 Reply Likes
There is more to that story,,why sell it when you could just send it back for full refund?
Photo of KB4OIF

KB4OIF

• 224 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Clamp mount did not work.  Desk top glass is 3/4 inch too thin.  Back to the drawing board.
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2957 Posts
  • 640 Reply Likes
send a picture after you get things organized?
Photo of KB4OIF

KB4OIF

• 224 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Sure will Bill.  I have decided on an ACER 27 inch .  Just trying to work out the space.  If the 13.1 depth includes the knobs on the front , I am going to be ok with 4 inches to spare.   I did not anticipate the size of the 6400M.  I'll get it worked out.   
Photo of KB4OIF

KB4OIF

• 224 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
All I need now is the 6400M.  

Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 141 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes
Here is the spot I am going to fill with the 6600M I pay for some time ago.
Photo of KB4OIF

KB4OIF

• 224 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Looking good Fred.  My buddy just got his 6600M  and loves it.  My first Flex.