Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Waiting on the 6400M

KB4OIF
KB4OIF Member ✭✭
Got the spot already cleared for it.  image

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    What height did you plan for? The radio is a little higher than 6 3/4". You should plan for 7 inches to be safe.

Dave wo2x
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It's 5 inches to the top of the glass shelf.  8 inches to the bottom of the monitor.  Going to move the shelf back  about 5 inches on the glass top desk to accommodate the 6400M.  I have a similar shelf that has longer legs if needed.  The lamp will be moved.  The boom will be moved over to the left about 5 inches.  The dual band radio will be moved too.   Have 18 inches from the front of the desk to the glass shelf.   6400M is 13.1 I believe.

Wish it was April.
    Anxious.

KB4OIF John
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    And you may need more height if you use the feet under the front, witch you likely will.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Wow.  what a rush.  Open up my email and had an email from Flex.  Opened it up and did not read it properly.  It was an invoice and a tracking number.  I said WOW!!!!!.  then read the fine print.  it's for a cable I ordered for the 6400M.  
  • Homer1952
    Homer1952 Member
    edited February 2018
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    There is more to that story,,why sell it when you could just send it back for full refund?
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Got to look at a real 6400M at the Hamcation today.  Bigger than I expected but that's ok.  I have since changed the monitor.  It will be farther back than the picture.  Glass top riser will be gone an a clap mount to the back of the desk for the monitor.
    KB4OIF
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    You are right Bill.  It's bigger than I thought.

KB4OIF
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Clamp mount did not work.  Desk top glass is 3/4 inch too thin.  Back to the drawing board.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    send a picture after you get things organized?
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Sure will Bill.  I have decided on an ACER 27 inch .  Just trying to work out the space.  If the 13.1 depth includes the knobs on the front , I am going to be ok with 4 inches to spare.   I did not anticipate the size of the 6400M.  I'll get it worked out.   
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    All I need now is the 6400M.  

• FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Here is the spot I am goingimage to fill with the 6600M I pay for some time ago.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Looking good Fred.  My buddy just got his 6600M  and loves it.  My first Flex.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.