Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WAE DX contest - raw scores

Ria
Ria Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Based on raw scores, it looks like I am #1 in North America for the Worked All Europe DX contest, SOHP. This is actually the first time I did a serious effort in this contest. Due to poor band conditions I was only able to operate 253⁄4 hours since we had a radio blackout on Sunday. I was also told that often I was one of the few signals on the band they could hear. I placed 13th in the world, but it's close so I have a chance of going to 12th place. We will see with log checking.

Hopefully the result holds, but I am about 2x in points to the next nearest competitor so unless something really bad happens, I've won NA and I get a nice shiny plaque. 

But how cool is that! 

See the raw scores here: 

http://www.darc.de/der-club/referate/conteste/worked-all-europe-dx-contest/aktuell/waedc-ssb/bycateg...

Let's see how the rest of the contest season unfolds. Hoping my Flex-6700 can make some serious waves!

Comments

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Congrats on the big win Ria, hope the log holds up.

Way to go!

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Congratulations on a great job, Ria.
    I guess the big antenna is back up?
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Nice job Ria!
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Congratulations! I love contesting.  Where else can you find a reason to lock yourself in the shack for hours, if not days, at a time.  :)

• Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Now that WTRC2018 teams have been announced the 2017/2018 contest season is going to be quite low key compared to the previous 4 years. This is a general observation, not trying to diminish Ria’s accomplishment.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    That is somewhat true, but the solar storms also killed off a lot of activity.  There are many who don't really care about WRTC. Some of the bigger guns really weren't in the running for WAE despite top 10 and even winning USA. The qualification criteria is more broad based rather than just winning the major contests. 
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Congratulations on the high placement in the contest. 
    The solar storms have been something as of late! 

73's - k3Tim
  • Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    The declining solar activity is a great opportunity to develop or enhance low band antennas. 160 thru 40 have been really good so investing in RX antennas is well worth the effort.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I have a bunch of them - Beverages, 1/4 wave vertical (soon to be phased array) etc. I always like the low solar conditions because it's less confusion on the upper bands. 
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Congrats Ria. This is awesome !

• Jim Osterling
    Jim Osterling Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Congrats!
  • RT5A
    RT5A Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Impressive! Congrats!!!

RT5A  73!
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Great work. Hope we work each other in some Contests. But I work mostly CW...
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I work CW as well. I did the ARRL DX CW and CQWW CW this season (season starts with CQWW SSB for us). Next one I'll be doing is likely CQMM DX.

Ria

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.