Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

W10 and ddutil?

Options
Michael Coslo
Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I've installed DDutil on two of my machines. The Windows 7 machine works, and the Windows 10 machine it doesn't get past the startup screen. Has anyone else had this issue?

I've tried subscribing to the DDutil Yahoo group, but it appears to have a problem with the captchas, and the audio captcha wouldn't play.

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Been running DDUTIL for years and years almost 10 now I think.
    You can try turning off your Windows firewall and install DDUTIL using Administrator mode.
    Anyway it works fine on several computers here running WIN10.
    73's 
    Bret
    WX7Y
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    As Brett said check your firewall and make an exception for DDUtil. At startup it connects to Space Weather to update solar index. If it doesn’t connect it should time out and start DDUtil. You can uncheck automatic updates in the feature tab. Running it on Win10 here fine Dave wo2x
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It connects to the radio, but never gets past the splash screen. Counts down to zero and stays there. Disabling the firewall didn't work, so now I am descending into Windows 10 ****, and uninstalling updates.  and might as well do the uninstall and then update SSDR software. 
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    There is an INI file in DDUtil that you can delete so it goes back to initial install default.
    I will try to find an email exchange I had with DDUtil creator when I had a similar issue with DDUtil and Windows 10.
    Unfortunately, my solution back then ended up being going back to Win7. But maybe some of the advice will work for you.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Found it.

Salvador, try this:

1.  Close DDUtil

2.  Delete the settings file by using the DeleteDDUtilSettings.bat file in the DDUtil directory (C:DDUtil_V3).

3.  Start DDUtil

4.  Open the settings form and then select the Macros tab. Press the Load button at the bottom and select the MacroData48.xml file.

73, Steve K5FR
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Intersting, Steve. I tried that, and I get a message saying that "The system cannot find the path specified." I'll take a good look at the .bat file to see where this stuff is supposed to be.  I did accept the installation defaults.

Thanks - this gives me something to troubleshoot.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Interesting! the .bat file is trying to delete ddutil.settings in a folder named K5FR_Software. No folder of the kind exists. That's odd. But its been that kind of day.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Okay, looks like I have the W10 Problem solved. It was a Corrupt DDUtil.settings file, but it was in a different folder. So I got into the correct folder and manually deleted it, and on restart, ir works FB. Now to explore DDUtil, and then get that PW-1 working with it. Thanks all for your help!
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi Mike

Glad you got DDUtil working. I just sent you the document to get the PW-1 interfaced to DDUtil. I've updated it from the original document which was written for the Flex 5000. Contact me direct if you have any questions.

Dave wo2x

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Steve sent me the email that I copy and pasted there. My name is Salvador. I am glad that it helped. I thought that might be the case. In my case, back then, the settings file got corrupted every time I closed ddutil. I had to write protect the file before closing the program in order to avoid the problem. And write enable it if I wanted to make any changes in DDutil. Very odd. So make sure you don't have the same issue restarting DDUTIL. I changed to win7 and haven't looked back. DDUTIL had not given me any problem on win7.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.