Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

W10 1803 Update 4/30/18

2»

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    Steve G1XOW, I believe I have answered this type of question previously for you.  If not I apologize in advance.

SmartSDR v1.x is feature complete.  Only serious software defects that affect the core operation of the radio that is deemed critical will be released as a  SmartSDR v1. maintenance version.

I recommend if you want to enjoy new features and all bug fixes, regardless of criticality, upgrade to v2.0 as +90% of our users have done already.
  • Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I did what I have done on the past win10 updates. Shut down DAX and CAT and upgraded. No issues until this update.

DAX was forked up when I re-booted.

Uninstalled/reinstalled everything (several times), no change.
    Used IObit (a couple of times), no change.
    Used the HelpDeck article, How to Manually Re-Install DAX Drivers, DAX appears to be functioning (at least no driver error popups), but when I try to connect MMTTY or WSJT, it gives an error and can't find sound card.

Anyone have a hammer?
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

Tim, thanks but I don't use any radio requiring SSDR now.

I was asking for those guys that do use v1.x. I guess they will ask why their software keeps getting hosed with every Windows update whilst FRS say its not a problem, yet at the same time actually fixing this "non-defect" in v2.2.

If what you mean when you say v1.x is "feature locked" when what you actually mean is that you will do nothing remedial to it, then you'd better come clean with the user base because that has never been stated publically.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    If what you mean when you say v1.x is "feature locked" when what you actually mean is that you will do nothing remedial to it, then you'd better come clean with the user base because that has never been stated publically.

This statement is patently false.  When SmatSDR v2 was distributed, we said this publically at that time and said it numerous times.  And it has been on our web page as official policy for at least 3 years.  http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/smartsdr/  See the Upgrades tab.

I think the more accurate statement is that you didn't know.
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Tim, your link did not resolve but I found it anyway.

• Each major version of SmartSDR comes with free updates and maintenance releases for the life of that major release.
    • After a new major version of SmartSDR is released, maintenance releases (critical bug fixes) for the previous major version will be provided free of charge on an as determined basis. No new additional features will be provided for previous major releases."
    Nothing in there contradicts my understanding at all. Moreover it states that critical bug fixes will in fact continue to be provided free of charge. Clearly no longer your intention so maybe you need to rewrite this marketing spin in plain English simply as "Version 1.xx is dead, you must buy v2 to get bug fixes and updates".

ttfn

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    • (critical bug fixes) for the previous major version will be provided free of charge on an as determined basis.

• 1.x.x. is a major version and they will do bug fixes

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Update worked fine here on 2 machines
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    As stated previously, when you get the Dax working, then you need to (more than likely) start the ouside software and re-selecr the proper sound device again.

• Matt NQ6N
    Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I've installed the April update on 2 out of 4  of the Windows 10 machines that I use with SmartSDR.  On one of them I closed SmartSDR CAT and DAX before doing the upgrade, on the other I did not. 

Fortunately both updates went smoothly and SmartSDR (and CAT and DAX) work just fine afterwords. Let's hope the other two go as smoothly. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    What luck.  You should buy a lottery ticket today ;-)
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

I owe Tim a ****! Uninstalled according to Tim’s recommendations. I also removed two ghost ports. Update from 1709 to 1803 took 25 minutes. Installed the latest software for my 6500 and imported the profiles. Absolutely no problems. Did a backup using Acronis so I can easily go back, just in case. Thanks Tim!

• Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    Make it a Red Bull.  I need the caffeine to be able to stay awake through these 14 hour days we're working to help folks out who have post-1803 issues.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    This kind of support is a key reason I went with Flex and not Icom.. I have read that my HDSDR software controlling my Icom IC-R8600 wide band receiver  should have  stopped working after this Windows software update?? So this update has definitely caused issues. I have learned that uninstalling and re-installing software fixes this kind of problem, so fist I need to see if HDSDR is broken, and if it is try a few things, same for HRD Software...  But for now my 1 day old 6600M will keep me busy.. 

Robert
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I saw no issue at all with HRD. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.