VSPManager Icon's dissapears

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
For some unexplained my Win10 keeps deleting VSPManager Icons from the desktop and in file manager. Anyone seen this before?
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 372 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Neal - K3NC

Neal - K3NC, Elmer

• 416 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Are you running an antivirus? If so, which one?
Photo of Tim Ellam

Tim Ellam

• 168 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Same here

Tim VE6SH
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 371 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
YES, MCafee
Photo of Neal - K3NC

Neal - K3NC, Elmer

• 416 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Reggie, where is VSPManager installed (what directory)?
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 365 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
using MCafee for anti virus and installed in c:\vspMgr   (now that I uninstalled and directed it to that directory).It was installed in a different directory. at the first installation.
Photo of Jim  KJ7S

Jim KJ7S

• 100 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
     One of the things I have learned is that for installing a lot of the software items I use, and especially anything Flex, which install LOTS of drivers for different purposes, is to disable, at least temporarily, the "engines". For example, I use Avast and get frustrated at what it does sometimes so I disable the "shields" until I have  them up and running which usually means I disable them until I reboot the machine. By doing that, I seem to avoid a lot of the trips and stumbles that abound with such installs.
    Ohh, and it helps to try and make sure that the initial install goes to the correct directories so it is less likely to have the pitfalls of the dreaded "Windows unsigned drivers" Bull S#%@ prop up. Sometimes you can get away with it and other times you won't, and disabling the UAC doesn't always work either.