Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

VOX

W4CCW
W4CCW Member
I just installed v0.16.4 and I do not see any VOX controls. What am I missing? Craig W4CCW
Tagged:

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Look in the lower corner.....may need to maximize app or change resolution. See second snap....you can also drag the panels around if you want. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Try maximizing SmartSDR. If you don't see it at the bottom of the transmit pane, then try adjusting your screen resolution to something bigger. Mine works at 1920 x 1080, but some laptops and older PC's may have trouble getting a resolution large enough to reveal the VOX settings.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    yes you can drag the panels around, but you have to see them first. This is not a problem on my desktop computer, but probably will be an issue on the laptop.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    We are considering ways to improve the layout with dual purpose space. More to follow.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Robert, agree, dragging only works if you can see at least a little of the panel to grab it. Dynamic panels are always difficult especially when you are trying to support multiple display resolutions. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    When the new version came up I don't recall seeing the controls. However, when I closed the transmit screen that had come up initially and then brought up again with the icon in the lower left I found the controls and tried them out. They worked quite well with my Heil 781, but there does not appear to be any anti-VOX to cancel the audio from my speakers. This limits my use of VOX to either very low level speaker output or phones. I'm sure I've missed setting up anti-VOX somewhere, but so far I've not found any mention in the release notes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.