Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Voltage read out

AH0U
AH0U Member
When you do the three clicks on the left button and one on the right followed by pushing OK on the panel of the 6700 you get all the voltages but what are they???

Answers

• Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I also get those voltages on the 6500, those must be the meausred voltages of all the internal regulators for diagnostics purposes
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    After displaying  these voltages, how do return to the regular display?
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Kinda scary, finding out you should have thought of that first.image Huh?

Power cycle the radio, then put a little more thought into blindly trying out any/everything you read about on the Intar-Web.image

73, Jay - NO5J
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    pull the power and reboot the radio
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

I cycled power long before I posted and cleared the display-no problem and I wasn't even scared...I was hoping there was a more elegant way.

Jim

• Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Interesting.  Before I reboot the radio, are there any other 'Easter Eggs' that can be discovered with the left/right, up/down buttons, even if they also require a reboot?

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Of course I'd already, experienced the scary part.

Sometimes "Well, here goes nothin" turns out to be nothing. 

But once in a while, it lets the smoke out.image

Experimenting is fun.

Before clicking the Power button I did try several different combinations of up, down, left, right, and OK.
    None of which, had any affect.

73, Jay - NO5J 
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    No need to restart the radio.
    Click OK on the keypad so the numbers stop refreshing.
    Then just open Radio Setup and click on displaying one of the Radio Identification labels.

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I was running Maestro at the time. So that trick didn't occur to me.

73, Jay - NO5J
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    On a related note there is an idea that was posted a few years ago to use the front display to scroll though data like voltage, current, and user data like your call sign, etc.  

The idea was submitted about 3 years ago with 12 votes currently....so it's not the highest priority.  

But given the number of times there have been questions about the supply voltage it could be worth doing as a time saver for both the user and support team.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/front_panel_display_an_idea

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 - HW.................. V 1.8.4.84
    SSDR / DAX / CAT...... V 1.8.4.168
    Win10

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Power cycle the radio
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The nice display and buttons are going to waste. I know what my callsign is .. what I might not know is other important information related to my system. Yes, you can access that data via other means but utilizing the display for other purposes seems a no-brainer and easy to implement. 

W7NGA
    Palencia, Spain

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    "...utilizing the display for other purposes seems a no-brainer and easy to implement." 

One would think that, but programming the PSoC (which drives the display) in the radio is one of the more challenging processors to code.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.