Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Video on how to set up DAX for FLDIGI

Steve N4LQ
Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

Comments

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi Steve, thanks for that video. I have downloaded it and saved it for future reference.

73s de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Very nice! I just needed a bit more on how to create that macro...

Thanks again!

Alan
  • John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks Steve.... I am getting ready to play the digital modes for the first time and your video was very easy to follow....

John
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks, Steve!
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Steve,
    Good video.  Doesn't the Fldigi QSY button just under the waterfall do the same thing as the macro?

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Good point Bob. I'm new to FLDIGI so I'm just feeling around. Thanks for the tip.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Excellent video Steve.  Thanks for publishing it.
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    When I go to save the rigCat XML file (http://www.w1hkj.com/xmls/sdr/SmartSDR.xml) - it comes up with a page of code with the following message:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Tried Firefox and Explorer - same result...

• Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Alan,  linking directly to the XML file causes the browsers to do something different than what you want.

Just go to http://www.w1hkj.com/xmlarchives.html and right-click "save link as" (or something similar for your browser) on the SmartSDR link at the bottom of the page.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Nortons is worse than a virus.
    http://www.w1hkj.com/xmls/sdr/SmartSDR.xml
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    OK, works when I "save link as"

thx
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I have to agree.  Some of our most challenging support incidents have Norton at the core of it.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Yes and try getting rid of it once it's installed. It creeps into every crevice of your computer. I had to work with Nortons AV for 20 years and it was our biggest source of trouble. It slowed the PC down to a crawl when scanning.  Viruses were much easier to fix than Nortons problems. 
  • PAØGDW
    PAØGDW Member
    edited October 2015

I agree Steve...

I am also  in the Computer Service fore more then 20 years....and my worst Nightmare is Norton Security Antivirus..  :) SLOW....SLOW...AND LOTS OF TROUBLE...

The first thing i do ..is get rid of this  #$!!**!!  program...:)

try the Free Microsoft Security Essentials ..much quicker and easier and you can allow suspicious programs to block or let it go...

73 Gerben PAØGDW

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Microsoft Essentials is not that effective at stopping nasties. I would suggest ESET anti-virus. It does not even slow down my netbook with an Intel Atom processor :-o.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.