Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Video anomoly

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a strange video problem. The computer which controls the Flex-6500 feeds video to a PC connection on a 42" TV. That computer has a video resolution of 1360 X 768. If I fire up SSDR on my stand alone computer which has a video resolution of 1600 X 900 everything is OK. The point I'm trying to make is I thought SSDR was written for various video resolutions. I'm enclosing a couple screen shots.

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Bob, Did you install SmartSDR on the computer connected to the TV or just copy the SmartSDR folder? It looks like the required font for the slice display has not been installed in your screenshot (something that should happen in the install process). If you did run the installer on the system that has trouble, please provide us with the following: Operating System: (e.g. Windows 7 32-bit) SmartSDR Version: (e.g. v0.13.10) Video Card: (e.g. AMD Radeon HD 6450)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    It definitively looks like the application font is not installed.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The computer that feeds the PC port on the TV is running the following: Operating System: Windows XP 32-bit Home Edition SP 3 SmartSDR Version: v0.13.10 Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450 I installed SSDR from the installer.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Bob, So you have the right font. Is SmartSDR maximized on the TV? Does this change if your re-size the SmartSDR window? We use 42" TVs driven with HDMI connections for the hamfest demos and we do not see this issue. What interface are you using to the TV? VGA, DVI or HDMI?
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Tim, tried moving from VGA to DVI, no difference. Tried VGA to HDMI no difference. In VGA mode I stretched the SSDR screen vertically to the limit no change. I'm at a lost at the moment. I'm going to try another monittor and see what happens. Thanks for the help.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    I would try another monitor connected to the XP PC to see if that makes a difference. You can also try updating your Catalyst video drivers too.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have a Samsung 22 inch TV/Monitor that is 1080P. When running as a monitor via the HDMI cable, It has two modes - as a TV or as a computer monitor. Each one displays things differently. If I run it in TV mode, things don't look right from the computer. In the input selection / input naming menu there is a way to define whether the HDMI input is a TV/Video input or a computer input. I don't know why there is a difference. You might check to see if your TV does the same thing.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Tim, I upgraded the video drivers and installed a monitor which can display a 1600 X 900 resolution. This resolution is the same as my new computer which handles the SSDR software with no problems. After doing all this, I have the same results. So now I'm installing Windows 8 to see what happens.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Success at last. Windows 8 did it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.