Very Distorted Transmit SSB Signal on 6700

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
I am seeing a great deal of distortion of the Tx signal when operating SSB audio on my 6700. I'm attaching an image of my Tx waveform from my waterfall which illustrates the problem -

It appears that the signal is badly "chopped up". I have had other stations monitor my signal on the air and confirm the problem. I am seeing this on all bands in SSB mode using either the direct microphone input, a PC audio input from my client PC and from my Maestro with a directly connected microphone. The radio has only a dummy load connected to the output with Tx power = 1 (minimum) or above. I have tried restarting both the DAX app, the client PC, and the radio (power cycle) but nothing seems to help. The radio just has a microphone, ethernet cable and a dummy load connected. The ethernet infrastructure here is wired GigE with a single, enterprise-grade switch between the radio and the client PC running SmartSDR. I am not sure how long this problem has been going on but I just recently noticed it. We are running SmartSDR v2.1.33.106 here.

Network diagnostics as follows -
Network Status: Excellent
Latency: 1 ms
Max Latency: 34 ms
0 packed dropped....

Please help as we have a remote GOTA event scheduled at a local Ham Fest here in a little over 1 week and we were planning to use the 6700/Meastro combination for our GOTA.
Photo of Fred, AB1OC

Fred, AB1OC

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Michael Walker

Michael Walker, Employee

• 374 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have converted this to a HelpDesk support ticket.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Mike
(Edited)