version 1.4 software

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered

Am I right in thinking that if and when the latest update V 1.4 comes out we are expected to pay for it ?? if so does anyone know just how much it will cost (the GBP is strong against the $ just now)

Also would the update apply to the radio or the PC that runs it (if that makes sense) I ask because if one day I decide to sell my 6300 I can advertise it as being installed with the latest updates/firmware

cheers Keith

Photo of Keith Morrison

Keith Morrison

• 35 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3747 Posts
  • 901 Reply Likes
Official Response
Paying for software will not start till V2.0. you have a few updates left.
Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 896 Posts
  • 185 Reply Likes
Official Response
To your second question about what is updated - PC or the radio - it's both.  Expect new DSP / ARM / and FPGA code as well as PC updates to the S-SDR and drivers / Cat / DAX.  I am not an Alpha tester but can surmise this from the FRS posts.  FRS has actually been very forthcoming with information.  

_..--
 k3Tim
Photo of Keith Morrison

Keith Morrison

• 35 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Great stuff thanks for your reply, to be honest I am not using my 6300 to it's full capacity.

it is connected to the PC and to the following programmes HRD + DM780 MMTTY WSPR and of course SSB. there's loads of other stuff I could do to get more out of it but radio time is very scarce at the moment due to work commitments.

still I am very much looking forward to the next update when it comes

Keith M1VHT

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3747 Posts
  • 901 Reply Likes
Keith, you have a very fine radio there in the 6300, it really performs.
Have fun...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.