Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Verizon Mifi 7730l Hotspot will not work with Flex apps or software

Dennis Daniel KM6DF
Dennis Daniel KM6DF Member ✭✭
I can not get Smartlink to work through my new Verizon Mifi 7730l. I can get Smartlink to work fine on my Samsung 5S perfectly so I know I have everything registered properly. Does anyone have a step by step on how to setup the Mifi 7730l for Smartlink. 

Answers

• Chuck White
    Chuck White Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It has been my experience with Verizon Wireless hotspots that they do not provide a "public" IP address for the hotspot, therefore you cannot find it from the outside world. The hotspot is behind a NAT router somewhere in Verizon's network, which cannot be port forwarded. You might be able to pay extra to have them provide a true "public" IP address, but otherwise, I think you may be out of luck.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018

I wonder if it would work through a VPN?

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It would be to bad to have to use VPN as smartlink is so slick and nothing to configure. But we do what we have to.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    These are just little Routers so just log into it and try to do a port forward for it,  I have the Verizon NETGEAR 791L and it works very well on that model.

Bret
    WX7Y

• Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    edited March 2018
    Thank you all. I have seen all the same postings and was hoping there was a new fix for this hotspot. again I can use my Samsung phone with no problem but was hoping to setup a network in my motorhome with the 7730l and stop using my phone. I'll keep playing with it and see if I can make it work 
  • Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    edited March 2018
    Well I give up and returning the 7730l and will order the NETGEAR 791L from Amazon. Brent how did you set yours up? 
    Dennis
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I just turned it on and configured the WiFi and away it went,  just like your Samsung phone I would think.
    I have also used my Samsung Phone for a hotspot. 

This past weekend, the 791L worked with my IPAD and my Laptop, With the Maestro I had to redo the SmartLink connection on the radio for some reason when I got home. 

good luck

Bret
    WX7Y

• Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    edited March 2018
    I will have it in few days and will report back. Again thanks Dennis
  • Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    edited October 2019
    Ok my new Netgear 791L came yesterday setup WiFi and everything is now working very easy and a no brained . iPad, iPhone and maestro all are working in less than 10 min. Bret thanks for the help. It would be helpful to have a list of compatible equipment ,apps and software that will work with FlexRadio 6000 series it would save time and money.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yea would be nice but who would maintain the list. That is kinda hard thing to do with as fast as hardware changes these days. Bret WX7Y
  • Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    edited March 2018
    Agreed. However it woul be best to check here before you buy. At least you know what is working out there.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Start one now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.