Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ver 2.6.0 update DAX Driver Error

Options
Mark NS9N
Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I just upgraded from 2.5.1 running perfectly to 2.6.0. After the installation was completed, I rebooted and ended up with a DAX Driver Error screen. I have uninstalled all Flex Radio components from my computer and even deleted all the audio drivers from Device Manager. A clean computer reboot shows they are gone even in the hidden files. Reinstalled 2.6.0 and device manager shows that the DAX audio files look like they should. But I still get and DAX file error. Any one else having this issue and is there a fix. I really do not want to go back to 2.5.1 if 2.6 really fixes the DAX corruption issue when Microsoft does an update.

Answers

• Mark NS9N
    Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Working a bit with Tim, I discovered that without any speaker or headphones connected to my PC, there was a Little Red X in the bottom right hand of the PC Screen. This shows that there  is not audio playback device connected. When this Red X is present, booting SDR causes a DAX driver error. 

Plugged in my headphones to one of my USB jacks and of course the red X goes away. But then rebooted SDR and every thing works as it should. So for now, if you have this same issue, just plug in an audio device to your computer before you boot SDR. 
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Mark is correct.  I just heard the same thing from Tim.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Thanks for posting this.  My 7 machine did fine.  But, of course my 10 machine
    reported  DAX errors and I feared the dreaded win10 DAX problem and was
    holding off on a trouble ticket.  However, I saw your post and found that my
    Bluetooth speakers aren't seen by the system until their BT connection is
    activated.  As soon as I took care of that all was well.  DAX came to life.

Thanks,
                           Ned,  K1NJ
  • Mark NS9N
    Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Glad I was able to help!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.