Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

VE3NEA Faros NCDXF Beacon Software with Flex 6300

Andy F5VAI
Andy F5VAI Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
This post is slightly off topic perhaps but I felt it might be of interest to some, especially with the down turn in the sunspot cycle.  I have recently set up my 6300 with VE3NEA's Faros NCDXF Beacon software.

Yes, I know we have many tools at our disposal these days to check conditions such as the RBN Network and many very sophisticated web sites.  However, I wanted something relatively simple and visual that would work from my QTH and show me the actual band conditions in real time to the NCDXF Beacons worldwide.  You just need Faros connected with Omni-Rig to the 6300.  I use my second slice to Faros all the time, apart from when I need a split.  The whole process is then automated.

I am in SW France and one thing for example that it has shown me is how often the ZL6B beacon on 20m is audible here, really quite surprising, both on the short and long paths.  

Can I take this opportunity of thanking the Flex team for all their hard work; I had been off the air for some 20 years and I am really enjoying my Flex and cannot imagine going back to an old steam radio!  I use Windows 10 and have had no problems at all over the past 18 months.  

If anybody needs help setting Faros up just drop me a line direct.  

73 Andy F5VAI  (G3HCU)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.