Value of used 6700?

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
I’ve decided to part with my 6700 with SSDR version 2 license, internal GPS and first generation Maestro. What’s a fair price?
Photo of Mark Erbaugh

Mark Erbaugh

• 516 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of John N6NTM

John N6NTM

• 14 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Good evening....what year was it bought....
Photo of Mark Erbaugh

Mark Erbaugh

• 516 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
I bought it new at the Dayton Hamvention in May 2014.
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3975 Posts
  • 967 Reply Likes
I can not tell you that,,but keep in mind the 6700 is still made and sold.
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3975 Posts
  • 967 Reply Likes
Mark, I guess my point would be, the 6700 is still in the Flex line up, it is still being made and sold. It is not discontinued. So the radio will hold it's value really well.
Photo of Dwayne - NA6US

Dwayne - NA6US

• 90 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Depending on its SN / age, prospective buyers may be able to also purchase a factory warranty.
(Edited)
Photo of Mark Erbaugh

Mark Erbaugh

• 516 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the Flex website. What they offer is a warranty transfer option (which I did not purchase). It transfers only the remainder of the original factory warranty to the new owner. The original factory warranty period is 2 years and the radio is going on 5 years old (Pretty good that that is still current production).
Photo of John N6NTM

John N6NTM

• 14 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Well what year did you buy it...and...was it new then
Photo of Mike Blake

Mike Blake

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Flex sells the Pre-Owned for $5,495.00 with warranty. Used they are going for $4,500.00 to $4,900.00.
Photo of Greg SP7QJF

Greg SP7QJF

• 18 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
How do you decide what the price will be, write to me sp8qjf@poczta.onet.pl
Photo of Manuel - W4SSB

Manuel - W4SSB

• 64 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Probably a good time to sell it. I suspect Flex will be replacing the 6700 soon ( perhaps announced at Dayton this year).
Photo of Jon - KF2E

Jon - KF2E

• 683 Posts
  • 226 Reply Likes
If they do It probably won't ship for two more years.
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3954 Posts
  • 966 Reply Likes
Then that gives him even more time, witch is good. I was very surprised that the 6600 did not replace the 6700. I thought they may just add a 2m board to it.
Photo of Erik SM0JCA

Erik SM0JCA

• 16 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Second hand electronic equipment in condition as new, like the FlexRadio or a high end system camera or video camera within warranty period that is transferrable would be around 70% of current price for new products. Current products still in production but outside warranty period would be about 60%.
This is my personal opinion and I am using that as a milestone when selling/bying said equipment and it works reasonably well.
Maybe the FlexRadio 6700 is fine for asking a higher price because of scarcity.
73 de Erik SM0JCA

Photo of Johan / SE3X

Johan / SE3X

• 169 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
Tnx Erik, then I paid a fair price for my 6700. Replaced or not by Flex, what could they possibly add? Making changing a 6700 worth while. Nope, I think I have bought my last transceiver
Photo of Johan / SE3X

Johan / SE3X

• 169 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
Flex 6700 owners, we the choosen lucky ones! Hi Hi ..
(Edited)
Photo of Zack Schindler - N8FNR

Zack Schindler - N8FNR

• 152 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
I was tempted to buy the 6700. But my wife would probably have divorced me so so getting the 6400 was a lot cheaper (safer) option for me. Actually I am very happy with the 6400. My poor brain cannot do SO2R so the 6400 does everything I need.
(Edited)
Photo of Neil D Friedman N3DF

Neil D Friedman N3DF

• 240 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
And yet, you stay married to this woman?
Photo of Chris DL5NAM

Chris DL5NAM

• 673 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
Photo of Zack Schindler - N8FNR

Zack Schindler - N8FNR

• 152 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Well she does have a license (N8FPA) and has an idea of what I am doing on the air. But if the credit card bill suddenly had a large expenditure on it for some ham item she might demand to buy something she wants for the same price. Hmmm, I think that I can live with my KPA500 and the 6400.
(Edited)