Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

VAC 2 for Flex 3000 and 1500

Jeff Gray
Jeff Gray Member
edited March 2017 in New Ideas
After tinkering with settings and profiles I have found that in PSDR 2.7.2 that switching from SSB to Digimodes is a hassle. Saving profiles works to a degree but not well. At present VAC1 is all that is available. When switching from SSB to DigU or DigL the soundcard settings do not follow. 
  SSB uses Sound marring for input and oputput. Digimades require a program like VAC or VBCable to work, requiring a completely different setup. Now if there is a profile for SSB and another for DIGIU or DIGIL when switching, the soundcard setting does not track, requiring you to change it manually each time. My Idea is to allow VAC 2 to be used where a digital setup could be stored and and leave SSB settings on VAC1. Switching then would be one click. As it is now it is click to go from SSB to DIGI, change transmit profile at bottom of PSDR screen, then goto settings and switch soundcard values. My current profiles are SSB using sound mapping. I have a profile for DIGI that i have saved. Soundcard settings are set to VBCable. However when switching profiles the soundcard setting do not track with profile change. It is a hassle to have to goto settings every time I switch from SSB to DIGI and back.

0 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Comments

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    That would be nice, but I did inquire about this years ago.  VAC2 is specifically for the Flex 5000 when it is equipped with RX 2.   They are teasing us, aren't they!!   I still have my Flex 1500 and do use it even if I have a 6700 & 6300.   QRP baby!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Chris is correct.  VAC2 is an exclusive feature in PowerSDR for the FLEX-5000+RX2.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.