V3 with SmartSDR for iPad working !!!

• Praise
  • Updated 3 months ago
Just upgraded my 6700 and now have SmartSDR V3 running simultaneously on Windows 10 and IPad. Haven’t done any testing beyond receiving.
Photo of Manuel - W4SSB

Manuel - W4SSB

• 58 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Manuel - W4SSB

Manuel - W4SSB

• 58 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Make sure you upgrade to SmartSDR for IOS V3.0.1 available in the Apple AppStore.
Photo of Dave - G3SBP

Dave - G3SBP

• 29 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Manuel can you explain how you achieved this?  All okay on Win 10 but not on iPad? How did you connect?

Dave. G3SBP.
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3736 Posts
  • 1599 Reply Likes

V3.0.1 SSDR/iOS is automatically available in the iTunes store updates if you have already purchased/installed SSDR/iOS
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 347 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
I am seeing the panadapter on the SmartSDR iOS change when I make changes on Windows SmartSDR.

For example.  On iPad listening to 40M and on Windows listening to 80M band.  If I switch on the Windows SmartSDR from 80M to 20M the display on the iPad panadapter flickers and the waterfall goes black and starts and then starts to show activitiy.

This is simulating two seperate operators using the same radio.  I would have thought that other than going into TX there would be no effect on the display of the other operator as a result of changes by the second operator.

Is this a bug or am I the only one seeing it?
Photo of Eric - KE5DTO

Eric - KE5DTO, Official Rep

• 866 Posts
  • 319 Reply Likes
Depending on how many SCUs are available on your radio and what resources are utilizing them, you may end up needing to share an SCU between users.  When this happens, settings like the Preamp will affect both users.  This is not a bug, but simply the way the hardware works given the resources that it has available.

When possible, the radio will use separate resources for radios that have 2 SCUs (FLEX-6700, FLEX-6600).
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 347 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
Eric thank you.  I did the test with a Flex 6700 so two SCU's should be available.  I also tried putting the Windows SmartSDR on Ant1 and the iOS version on Ant2 which should have ensured each was using a different SCU.  However, the same issue resulted.
Photo of Dan Trainor

Dan Trainor

• 84 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
When using SmartSDR ver 3 with a 6400, is there a way to disable the Multi-Flex feature? I would like to eliminate any Multi-Flex behaviors of the system.
Photo of Manuel - W4SSB

Manuel - W4SSB

• 58 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I checked and I don’t have that particular problem but if I change bands to 2m on on Windows 10 the IPad panadapter switches to 2m.
Photo of Joe N3HEE

Joe N3HEE

• 332 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
This is a known issue.

FLEX-6700 only: There is a known issue (#280, #1527) where changing bands on one panadapter may change the frequency of another panadapter when going to or from 2m (or an XVTR using 2m as an IF). This happens due to hardware constraints that require each Antenna to be on only one of 2 possible Nyquist zones (below or above 122.88 MHz) and an interaction with persistence when recalling the antenna selection of the selected band. One way to work around this issue is to use the Band buttons instead of setting the Antenna on the Panadapter or Slice, and then entering the desired frequency into the Slice in order to tune into (or out of) the 2m band (or an XVTR using 2m as an IF).

Photo of Dave - G3SBP

Dave - G3SBP

• 29 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Howard.

I have the correct IOS software but if I connect I get Slice E offered (Slice A to D being already used). Is that how it should work? Slice E and F available to the IOS?

Dave. G3SBP.

Photo of Ted  VE3TRQ

Ted VE3TRQ

• 424 Posts
  • 147 Reply Likes
I had slice A and B allocated to the “M” front end, and when I brought up the iPad, it gave me slice “A”. A and B on the radio were still in use. I believe that is the way multiFlex is supposed to work.
Photo of Joe N3HEE

Joe N3HEE

• 326 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Yes, that is correct.  Each client will have slice A through X depending on your model of radio.  For a 6600 it will be A through D, etc.
Photo of Dave - G3SBP

Dave - G3SBP

• 29 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
The IOS software works correctly with my 7600 but only if I connect the iPad first. Then connecting my computer and V3 correctly multiplexes the two controls (Computer and iPad).
The iPad will not connect if the computer is already connected.
Dave
G3SBP.

Oh yes it will, found that you have to ignore the "Do you wish to disconnect the existing user"...... and just connect !
(Edited)
Photo of kjave63@yahoo.com

kjave63@yahoo.com

• 95 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I still cannot receive any audio either on my iPad or my iPhone from my 6600 M connected either through my LAN or WAN. It doesn’t matter. And addition I can transmit through the system but despite picking the iPhone or the iPad as my microphone, no audio is transmitted either. Any help would be appreciated! FYI I have updated and reinstalled The smart SDR version three app to the most updated current version available and that has not helped. Same problem on my iPhone or my iPad. Very very frustrating!