Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V3 tune issues

dlwarnberg
dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
No matter what I do my 6500 will not tune.  I have removed everything, Radio to Antenna with internet connection.. I can connect from my PC to the radio fine, software seems to work and I can receive fine... that's about as far as it goes, does not matter the band (testing on 20 and 17) hit tune, I get a click click (no output monitored via LP-100A) and nothing.. shows success and bypass.  What am I missing?  

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    After any upgrade you should do a factory reset
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Other things to check after the factory reset / persistence reset ...

1) Is your slice TX active?  (the little red TX showing next to the Slice A, B, C, D indicator?)

2) Is the TX Inhibit on?

3) Check the new TX Band Settings Menu (in the Settings pull-down)  and make sure that PTT Inhibit is not checked on the band you are using.

4) Check the same form to make sure "Tune Power" is not set to 0.  (Usually should be set to 10).  Also check the "Tune Power" slider to make sure it is showing appropriate power.

5) Check the same form to make sure that you don't have RCA TX Req or ACC TX Req set inappropriately.

Ken - NM9P

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Humm... now how did I miss that one... working as expected now.. Thanks
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    To much typing energy Ken,,thanks...lol
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks.. as stated prior a factory reset did the trick.. silly me
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    LOL.  David and I typed at the same time and he hit "Send" just a little before me!

It's still good advice, though!  LOL.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Hey, I'm a preacher, and naturally long-winded!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.