Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V3 - Smart SDR 2nd Pan Adapter Greyed Out

Dave
Dave Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Does anyone know how I can log out of the front panel of the 6400m so I can have 2 pan adapters in Smart SDR?  

Answers

• Dave
    Dave Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
     I have one fix.  Go to radio  --> Switch version.  Then it will allow you to use 2nd slice.  A bit convoluted.   There for sure is a better way.  I should be able to do this with PowerSDR  as well I would think. 
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2019
    From SmartSDR, you can disconnect other clients.  This is done from the Radio Selection window.  When you select the radio, you should see a Disconnect button pop up if there are other Station(s) connected.  This should show you a dialog that allows you to select which one(s) to disconnect.  See the Settings Menu -> Choose Radio option from the main screen in SmartSDR for Windows.  Similar options are available in Maestro and the M models.
  • Dave
    Dave Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    That worked!  Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!
  • Lucas - W6AER
    Lucas - W6AER Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    While the above works, I kind of feel that there should be a more user-friendly way of doing this. Coming from the tech sector myself, if end users have to ask something that should be obvious, then it needs further looking into or simplification. Maybe something as simple as an OFF button on the screen, perhaps under the menu left side or soft tap on the power button (not sure if this one is doable). Perhaps something to consider in future releases? Just my 2 cents...
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Coming from a completely non-technical legal sector, I found choosing between 6600M front panel and SSDR on the PC clients to be simple, intuitive, and to take no more than a minute. 
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited April 2019
    Lucas,  Thanks for the feedback.  If you have an idea about how to do this in a more intuitive way, we would love to hear about it.  We are always open to good ideas.  The power button powers the radio down, so I don't think that's what we're after.  Keep in mind also that you need to be able to choose which client to disconnect (as there can be more than one).  Thanks.
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Dave why do you want to log off the radio to have 2 slices open ? You can add a 2nd slice or pan adapter and stay on the face of the radio. I can understand if you don't care for it that way it is much nicer on a large monitor.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited April 2019
    The issue is that if one client was left running and has one or more resources tied up, they are unavailable on the other client.  This is especially important with the FLEX-6300 and the FLEX-6400 which have 2 Panadapters and 2 Slices.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Eric, does that mean neither op can run split if a local and remote op (or 2 remote ops) are  on a 6300 or 6400 at the same time?
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I believe simple math can answer that.  2 + 2 > 2. For heavy multiFlex users, more than 2 slices would be required if split is needed.

Andy
    KU7T 
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited April 2019
    You can actually run Split on our radios without an additional Slice available.  It involves using XIT like some other radios would have done in the past.  

But yes, if you mean can you use 2 Slices on one client and 2 Slices on another with a 2 Slice radio (FLEX-6300, FLEX-6400), the answer is no.  Andy's math checks out.  ;)
  • Hamphotodoc
    Hamphotodoc Member
    I have tried all the above recommendations. My Windows laptop still has the slice button greyed out. The active slice is B (on top). I hear it normally. The Lower (lower) is tuned to different area , but has no audio. I am unable to bring up the Panadapter. I have WJST installed with N3FJP and JT Alert. It worked initially, but everything was on A then. I cannot get A back. My main computer is off. The same installation works on it OK. I have also tried multiple reboots. The B audio is showing up in the A channel in DAX.
    Thanks in Advance
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Is this using only a Maestro?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.