v3 on ssdr and face of radio ?

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
Just wont to know if I will be able use slice A and B on the face of my 6600M and SSDR at the same time ?  If not I am out !
Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 166 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of K3SF

K3SF

• 302 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
hi fred..

caveat
i have no special knowledge of V3...

so any thing i say is speculation but is an educated guess 
but
since i own a 6600m and have played with it quite and various s/w my response is based
more on that and simple concept of multi-client in a client/server architecture

scenario#1...
1 - two clients log into the 6600m...
2 - each client is assigned the ability to request two two slices.

3. Client #1 ( front panel of 6600m) requests a slice on 20m and one on 30m...
4. Client #2  ( SSDR on pc) requests a slice on 20m and one on 30m...

At this stage it is not clear if one or two SCU's are being used as antenna selection has not been specified at this point. And SCU selection does indeed complicate the scenario.

In this scenario each client only has freq/mode/filter control of their requested slice
BUT
no control over the other clients freq/mode/filters...
AND
antenna selection and preamp settings done by one client may or may not affect the other client as SCU selection is done by the radio and not directly by the clients. Note, the radio works that way today when 4 slices are used by single client and i assume this has not changed

so the hard part of all this is resource allocation and hardware interactions (i.e.  SCU, Preamp, ANT) and the addition of a resource manager to the architecture to coordinate it all.

so the answer to your question is, i believe it will do what you asked.. two slices on front panel and two slice in ssdr and they can be the same band/mode/filter but dont control each others freq/mode/filter....

once again this is my speculation and how a multi-client-server architecture may work in the radio.

i look forward to V3...
and
more so if it allows for more than two client...
as i have lotsa computers in the shack

Paul K3SF

Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3784 Posts
  • 1637 Reply Likes
If you wish both to work simultaneously on the same slice it’s called Mirror Function So far not in v3.0 but might make it if future versions of V3
Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 166 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Howard
I know I can't work simultaneously on the same slice. But can I see the same slice on ssdr and radio ?
Photo of Jimmy Collis

Jimmy Collis

• 51 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
The way I understand it is you can see 2 bands on 6600M screen and 2 bands on ssdr and work all functions on rig
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3784 Posts
  • 1637 Reply Likes
@Fred.. NOT Exactly as that would be Mirroring.

What I do is put the same frequency on the Maestro Slice and SSDR Slice.. so in effect I do what you wish for except that the controls are totally separate.
Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 166 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Thanks Howard
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3784 Posts
  • 1637 Reply Likes
In tests on V3 and 6700 I have run 8 slices 2 in Maestro and 6 on SSDR FYI we were released from NDA to be able to discuss this