Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V3 Multiflex 6600M - CW element clipping

John - AF3K
John - AF3K Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

On CW, my 6600M with v3 seems to work just like v2, until a second MultiFlex client comes online.  Once the second MultiFlex client is online, the first 6600M client starts clipping random elements in the CW sidetone.  The second Multiflex client doesn’t have to be doing anything for this to happen.  

DETAILS

Using v3.0.19 I’ve found several configurations (details here) where adding a MultiFlex client to my 6600M causes some clipping of CW sidetone elements on the 6600M while operating full break in.  The clipping is random, making it difficult to send CW by paddle without errors. The clipping also surfaces in the sidetone of CWX generated code.

The clipping can be seen in the sidetone waveform I recorded below showing four dits in the letter H.  The third dit is clipped causing a longer space between it, and the previous dit. Note that the clipping does not happen every time letter H is sent, but occurs randomly in the elements of different characters.

The clipping is significantly more noticeable when you are doing the keying as it interrupts the rhythm between what your fingers are sending and what you hear.

More details here on which configurations were tested, along with other notes.  

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    John,

I have confirmed this on my 6700. The only difference is I see sidetone jitter even with a single Station enabled. Also, although the sidetone is disturbed, the signal from the radio as monitored on a second receiver seems ok.

73 Ed W2RF
  • John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Ed,

Thank you for confirming.

1) What client did you use for the single Station test? 
    2) I also found the transmitted signal from the radio seems OK.  

John, AF3K
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Client was SmartSDR v3.0.19. The radio had been running all day in single and multi-client configs. I closed the second client for the test.

73 Ed W2RF
  • Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Clipping in the sidetone is not new to V3 (which I have not installed).  I noticed it as far back as V2.2.8.  See https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/missing-first-element-in-sidetone

Tim K9WX

• John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Tim,

Sorry I missed your original post!  Coincidentally, I ran into this problem during the FL QSO party this past weekend running v2.4.9 and N1MM+ 1.0.7644 on Win10 with paddle plugged into the 6600M.

John AF3K

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.