Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V3 Multi-client compatability with 4O3A Antenna Genius

Cal  N3CAL
Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
Can anyone advise if the 4O3A Antenna Genius (8 x 2) App is currently compatible with V3 and Multi-Client or does it need to be updated as well like DDutil?  I see no mention of it in the release notes?   I've been eagerly awaiting Flex to release the V3 documentation and do not feel comfortable trying out TX profiles with my 6600 yet with the AG in-line S02R.  

Cal/N3CAL

Answers

• James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Cal I have the 6 x 1 antenna Genius and my Flex 6600 has no issues at all My computer is running win 7 pro Jim WU5E
  • Glenn Johnson
    Glenn Johnson Member
    edited April 2019
    My 2x8 Antenna Genius works just fine with V 3.
    I'm just waiting until AG gets incorporated into SSDR & Maestro screens.   This would eliminate running a computer while remote.

Glenn W0GJ

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Cal - I'm curious about where you purchased your 8x2 Antenna Genius switch?  Every time I check the Flex website it indicates this item is not yet available.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Jim & Glenn,  thanks for the info!  I'm eager to see the AG incorporated into SSDR as well! 

Ralph,  I purchased mine through the Flex Website well over a year ago!   I see there is a newer "Plus" version now but it's not in stock!   It's getting hard to keep up with all the changes....

Cal/N3CAL
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Hi there, I have tested both in local set up and they play well together. However over remote operation I have noticed erratic operation. AG 8 x2 suddenly disconnects when running a Maestro and a SSDR client. I am receiving two new AG 8 X2 plus v.2 tomorrow. This version has a better port isolation than v.1. Came directly from 4O3A. With two switches and the new 8 AB switch you can make a 8 x 4 switch.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Kari,  Thanks for the reply!   I noticed some erratic operation as well during the short time I tried V3 on my 6600.  My AG 8x2 is the older version.  I run remote allot and have the antenna genius software running on a Windows 10 desktop inside my shack.  I usually Teamviwer into this machine to monitor antenna selections/   Due to all the issues I reverted back to 2.4.9

Cal/N3CAL
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for the reply Jim.  I'm seeing some issues with SO2R and running 2 SCU's on 2 different bands at the same time.  The AG is erratic at times with V3. 

Cal/N3CAL
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Cal, I've been running ver 1 of the AG for about 3 years now with only one issue, RFI.
    I cured the RFI issue with a USB isolator I purchased from Amazon, haven't had the problem since.
    https://www.amazon.com/SMAKN-Isolator-Digital-Isolation-Industrial/dp/B00XXPO4UG/ref=sr_1_4?crid=DDG3B9ZCJEET&keywords=usb+isolator+high+speed&qid=1555596579&s=gateway&sprefix=usb+isolator%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-4
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Bob,  thanks for your input!  I didn't know you could hook up the AG via USB??  I have my AG connected to my home network via ethernet.   Never had any RFI issues on 2.4.9 and below.  The AG is actually isolated using the ethernet fiber optic option. 

Cal/N3CAL
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I have reported here in this community and a support ticket was created with the issue I have with v2 and v3 with AG. Try diversity. DIV in v3 now works well with slice A on ANT1 or RXA or RXB but if ANT2 selected the "B" section of the AG gui goes all red. This is in the hands of 4o3a team, so awaiting a response.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Bob, I run the AG with USB (RS-232) to BCD remotely. The only option if you do not want a PC at remote site as in my whole set-up.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020

Has anyone been able to control the AG from either station under V3 multi connect... I have use the AG with my 6700 for several years and wanted to use it with V3 but can't control it from both stations under multi .... switching station in CAT has no effect... any ideas??

73 AH0U

• AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭

I figured it out and now I understand what that MultiFlex local PTT is all about hi hi

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.