Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V3 and Slicemaster 6000

W9WLX_Chuck
W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Is anyone else having a problem with V3 and Slicemaster 6000?  Slicemaster 6000 is reporting that DAX is not enabled, yet it is enabled in the DAX panel.  Neither WSJT-X or CW Skimmer is launching.  I tried this initially with two clients running, but then retried with one client after rebooting the client PC and cold rebooting the Flex 6600.  No change.

Chuckimage

Comments

• Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Slice Master does not yet support V3.  Ed has indicated he's working on a version that will.
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Rick is correct.  Slice Master needs a bit of work to support the new API.  It's in the plan but is still weeks away at best.

--Don

• W9WLX_Chuck
    W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks.  I knew there were issues with forward compatibility with the APIs.  I thought I saw a post where SM 6000 was ok, but I must have mis-read.  Launching the individual app still works well.
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    By choosing not to make the V3 API compatible with previous versions, Flex has made quite a bit of work for us developers. Fortunately SDR-Bridge is based on the C# .NET FlexAPI, which although requiring work, eased the conversion effort somewhat.

So SDR-Bridge V3, which is compatible with SSDR V3, is currently in alpha test and appears to be working well. If good results continue I hope to release a public beta soon, perhaps in the next few days.

If you are a CW Skimmer user it may tide you over while Don K1DBO is finishing his conversion. (Good luck Don, I'm looking forward to your new version.)

73 Ed W2RF
  • W9WLX_Chuck
    W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks, the third party work is appreciated!  I will look at SDR-Bridge as well, given it may be available earlier.  I seem to have CW Skimmer working with version 1.5.1.124, but I do need to enter the LO frequency manually.  

I noticed that K3II will need to work on FRStack too, if he chooses to keep it alive.  Some functions still work, but my main use was the pseudo-squelch/S-level mute function for SSB, which does not.
  • N8FNR
    N8FNR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I was going to get V3 but will hold off now until I know that SDR-Bridge, DXLab, FRlogger and Slicemaster are all working OK with it.
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    There is a newer version that 1.5.1 that may solve the LO problem. But only for V2. http://www.qrv.com/sdrbridge.html

• Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Jump in, join the fun :-)
  • Erik SM0JCA
    Erik SM0JCA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I just upgraded my 6400M and SmartSDR to v 3 and it seems to be OK. Also found out that SliceMaster is not working but WSJT-X in FT8 mode works fine when I set the radio CAT port to Kenwood TS-2000, 19200 baud. Worked a few stations and everything seems normal. 
    As a side note I needed to check the DAX as the DAX channel 2 indicated Driver error after I made a complete removal of the previous version before upgrading. It turned out to be a wrong name on "DAX RESERVED IQ RX2" audio unit. Now all is well.
    73 de Erik SM0JCA

• W9WLX_Chuck
    W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Setting the radio to Flexradio 6xxx works well too.  I used it today with V3 and it performed flawlessly.

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Don, if you need any help alpha testing, let me know.

Rich
  • terry
    terry Member
    edited April 2019
    reverting back to 2.4.9.  most of my activity is FT8 these days.  not looking to have to modify my current methods to use new software version.  will wait to 3rd party updates and then go back to 3.0.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Terry,

What features of V3 did you upgrade for? I'm just curious because you so quickly decided to revert back to 2.4.9

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Its likely I will jump back and forth. I upgraded to get a bug fixed that drives me crazy which they did fix. But as soon as 2.5.x comes out I will probably stay with that until Don gets SM working.
  • terry
    terry Member
    edited April 2019
    I reverted back because slicemaster does not support 3.0 and my current primary operating mode is FT8. I don't feel inclined to have to do work arounds within setup to accomodate the 3.0 upgrade.
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I found setting up my 600M for FT8 without Slicemaster or any other third-party intermediate program was reasonably quick and easy and has been 100 percent reliable. 
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2019
    I use WSJT-X and JTAlert-X with 3.0 fine. JTAlert-X allows me to log my contacts directly to DX Labs Keeper or HRD Logbook directly.

Dave wo2x
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yea that should be easy as I have always did that. CW Skimmer is more of a challenge :)
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2019
    We will need to wait until either SliceMaster or SDR Bridge are upgraded. Dave wo2x
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    You can add DDuti to the list of non-working 3rd party apps.  I'm back to V2 as well. 

Cal/N3CAL
  • terry
    terry Member
    edited April 2019
    Neil -  current version of slicemaster does not support 3.0.  

David - I may try JTAlert-X.
  • W7OMM
    W7OMM Member
    edited April 2019
    I am looking forward to the updated version of Slice Master - thank you, Don!  I just received my 6400 a few days ago, and installed SSDR V3.  When Slice Master didn't work properly, I looked for answers and found them here - thanks again!

Claudia

• W0JM
    W0JM Member
    edited May 2019
    Is there a timeframe when Slicemaster 6000 will support SmartSDR v3
  • W7OMM
    W7OMM Member
    edited May 2019
    The latest release works great with SmartSDR v3!

• W0JM
    W0JM Member
    edited May 2019
    Thanks Claudia for that information. I'm getting my new Flex 6600 tomorrow and am checking into what software will and will not work with SmartSDR v3.
  • W7OMM
    W7OMM Member
    edited May 2019
    Wonderful - enjoy!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.