Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V3 and IOS Smart SDR

Dave - G3SBP
Dave - G3SBP Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have found that IOS Smart SDR must be launched first in order for multiplex V3 to work correctly . Once IOS is running then it is possible to open my Computer and have both working simultaneously. Both names then show correctly in CAT/DAX.  
Has anyone else found this problem?

Dave.
G3SBP

Answers

• ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Dave, that should not be necessary. SmartSDR for iOS (since version 3.0.1) is fully compatible with MultiFlex and it should not matter in which order you start any client.

Or could it be the case that you are using an older Version of SmartSDR for iOS?

Marcus, DL8MRE
  • Dave - G3SBP
    Dave - G3SBP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Marcus, feel rather silly...I didn't realise that you had to ignore the "Do you wish to disconnect the existing User?"  and just connect.    Works perfectly - my apologies!

Dave.  G3SBP.

• Ray Gustafson WB0HHM
    edited June 2020
    I have no sound no receive audio and can't Transmit from  on my Ipad and Iphone after upgrading to V3 , if  I go back to V2 it works 
    I have turned  on  the audio in IOS Menu under Audio , What else can I check ?

Should I do a reset on the radio ?
    Just did Reset no help 
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Did you update your copy of SSDR iOS to v3 after you updated the radio to v3?
  • Ray Gustafson WB0HHM
    edited April 2019
    I checked and it said it was up to date , but after you posted the question I removed the app and went to App Store and installed it fresh and now It is working . Thanks
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Sometimes a second look is the charm :-)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I found that you have to click on the app's picture in IOS Store and THEN click UPDATE.  If I just went to "update," it seemed to get confused on my IPad Air and said that it was already current....

Ken - NM9P.

• Ray Gustafson WB0HHM
    edited April 2019
    There isn't any preset for IOS Transmit Profiles or Mic Profiles like there used 
    to be , I have it working under Default , but not sure , I did a reset on my 6600 and
    and didn't save my old profiles , but recall there was  Profiles for the IOS either 
    when I installed the App back a couple years ago  for IOS or was there 
    factory defaults with SmartSDR?   Ray WB0HHM
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    You can change Mic Profiles in two ways. 1) on the right hand pull-out menus/control panel under P/CW. or 2) in the settings menu, next to the Panadapter menu on the bottom of the screen. The Transmit Profiles can be changed in the right panel under the TX tab. Or in the Settings menu. Via the settings menu you can select a profile to use, save, or delete. You can also create a new profile and name it for editing however you want.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Similar problem here:
    If I start SSDR ios first, i have audio on ipad pro or on iphone.
    If i start Desktop SSDR and later ios SSDR, no audio on ipad pro or iphone.
    Ver3 is here and SSDRios was updated.
    If i do disconnect desptop, i am getting audio in IOS, if i would use "connect" - it is connecting and no audio.
    Seems like a bug.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Marcus,
    I am a longtime user as well.   I just bought a new 6600M (have my 6700 in for repair, and I wanted a new 6600M for another location).   BUT I have used both my Iphone (preferred) and my Ipad with success and ease prior to the infamous version 3.0.19 upgrade.   I got my new 6600M with version 3 SDR on it.  However, while I can connect to the 6600M using either my LAN or via WAN using my VPN via my home router OR SmartFlex, but I cannot receive any audio, NOR can I transmit any RF with PTT.   In fact, previously when I hit PTT it would turn 'red' on my iphone, and when in front of my home QTH station I would watch my amp (SPE) key up , but NO RF and no carrier.   So i did what was recommended.   I deleted the previous SmartSDR IOS and redownloaded it and started it up again.   Still I can connect to my 6600M when the radio is powered up, but NO audio through my iphone (yes, it is set on iphone audio) and also NO RF / NO PTT.   PTT is not grayed out, it just doesn't respond.   ALSO, the iphone isn't even an option anymore on the IOS new download, not that that worked before , because even when it WAS there before, and st to iphone, it didn't produce and transimission , or RF out NOR did I have any audio.
    All I do hear is when in front of my home station, I can remote the frequency and hear local audio through my connected speakers at the radio, but no audio through my iphone, and no transmission via my iphone.  Help.!
    Thanks,
    Keith KJ8DO
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Well for reasons unknown, I was accessed my 6609 using my VPN connection and now I can see iPhone as a choice for microphone but it matters not. No ability to transmit voice. At least now I can confirm I am transmitting RF when I hit TUNE, but when I hit PTT or MOX, no audio is transmitted at all and no audio and nothing is heard at all through my iPhone. Need some help. Thanks everyone ! Keith KJ8DO
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Still hoping to get some suggestions. My iPad nor my iPhone please any audio at all when I connect remotely whether I am LAN or WAN connected. In addition while I can push to talk transmit, no matter whether the setting is for iPhone microphone or iPad microphones, The radio keys up but there’s no transmission of audio irrespective of the iPhone being connected or the iPad being connected and also irrespective of LAN connection or WAN connection. I’m just hoping Marcus can respond to this and offer any suggestions.
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Sir ****, have you had any progress. It doesn’t seem to matter on my hand whether I connect through my 6600 directly or whether or not my SSDR on my desktop is running or not, I receive no audio on my iPad or my iPhone either using version three. Wonder if you have had any updates or discoveries in the past few days? Thank you, KEITH-KJ8DO
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have found that in V3.0.19 I must connect my iPad via SmartLink to get any audio, even if I am on my own LAN. There may be some setting that I am missing. Ken - NM9P
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    >>> There may be some setting that I am missing. <<

Maybe a manual ? :-)
  • Manuel - W4SSB
    edited April 2019
    I don’t need to. When I first went to V3 I had some strange problems but a full reset of my 6700 cured everything.
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I would try that, however this 6600M literally came straight out of the box less than two days ago from the factory with pre-installed version 3 smart SDR already on it. So therefore while I could do a hard reset, but this is a radio that is straight from the factory. It’s not that I’m unwilling to do it, but the fact that everyone or at least a lot of people are having problems with this there’s going to be either a major bug or something simple. And to the previous comment or about a manual, I have read the entire online manual that Marcus does provide and I would agree reading the manual is the first place to start. But I’ve had this iOS smart SDR software since it was first developed and have used it with my previous 6700 which is out for repair right now from the beginning. I’m quite familiar with its use. So I still feel like some others do that there is a bug or a setting issue that needs to be rectified and I’m willing to do it with the help of the developer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.