V3.0.19 Upgrade thoughts

• Praise
  • Updated 5 months ago
Well, since I have wanted Multi-Client for a long time,,,I bit the bullet and purchased V3.0.19.
$215.00 just to play software developer! (I live in Tax us) Anyway, Multi-Client works great. My basic app is going to need a rewrite since the FlexLib api has changed in several places. I had recently got the non- GUI client I have to work in 2.49. But, the GUI client has given me fits.
I know I have held out on v3.0.19 because of my feelings about basics that sorely need attention.  And knowing what Tim told me, v2.50 and the maintenance release, will not have fixes for things like the ANF. I did not buy v3.0.19 in hopes of ANF or things like an ALL MODE Squelch being implemented/fixed in versions prior to v3.
I bought it because I want to get back to playing software developer and Multi-Client makes what I want to do much easier.
Oh, with today's Florida QSO party, I was able to test the ANF with some anxious hams tuning up on top of others. No real difference. (no surprise there) I did find turning the AGC-T OFF, helps the ANF do a bit better..........as long as the offending carrier is not an S9+ signal. In that case, same old thing,,,,,,,,,,,conversation..........beeeep...........conversation...........beep..........etc.
   Anyway, I thought I would share my initial impressions of v3.0.19.
PRO's: Multi-Flex (multi-client)
CON's: ANF that needs work, All Mode Squelch( yes I know FRStack has one......) and several other things that can/could be improved.
And as Howard would probably say" it's only money!"  
:-)
James
WD5GWY

Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1050 Posts
  • 300 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Joe N3HEE

Joe N3HEE

• 432 Posts
  • 103 Reply Likes
James. What kind of apps are you working on ?
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1050 Posts
  • 300 Reply Likes
Joe, I am still in a more or less learning stage. What I had originally wanted to do was make a separate GUI
app that would allow unused panadapters and waterfalls to be displayed on separate monitors with SSDR running at the same time on the main pc monitor. But as of v2.x , that feature was implemented in SSDR.
I had a working panadapter and waterfall prior to v2.
But, when I traded my 6500 and Maestro for a new 6600M, I automatically got v2. My original GUI app no longer worked with v2. I was able to get my non-gui app to work with v2. But, the gui app is going to take more work. I drive an 18 wheeler during the week. So, I only have weekends off. Not enough time to do all the things I need or want, to do.
James
WD5GWY