Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V2 yet another failed delivery

KD7CAO
KD7CAO Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
V2 Promise for June release is yet another vapor ware promise. A continuing saga that will break a company. Lack of proper communications to their customers, problems with over selling and under delivering. I am so disappointed to have done business with a company that fails to provide what they have promised. What kills me even more is knowing I tried to do business with a Texas Based Company rather than ordering from somewhere else such as a Japanese company. It is now officially July 1, 2017 and we still do not have V2. I would much rather than have a buggy software platform that starts to offer me the feature I demanded at order date and was promised than to not have it at all..

Comments

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    At the moment it's still June 30th here!
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    And if it comes out on Monday...what would you say then? Really it is best to not have buggy software and then have to go back to a previous version. I really want to say some thing more but I'll be nice about it.
  • Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    It's still June 30th here for another hour and a half :-)
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    What exactly are the new features in V2 that not having them today is preventing people from enjoying their radios? They make it sound like their radios are useless without v2.

I use my 6700 every day and it seems to work fine without v2. In fact, it works great! I could wait another year for the upgrade and it wouldn't have any impact on my great on air experience

• Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Totally agree. I get tired of seeing people try and squash free speech on this site!
  • NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Its not new features that I want... I want a radio that doesnt crash and a working dax that doesnt need restarting every few hours..
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Amen!

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    "I would much rather than have a buggy software platform that starts to offer me the feature I demanded at order date and was promised than to not have it at all.." Opinions differ on this - personally, if I'm asked to pay $200 for a piece of software, I prefer it NOT to be "a buggy software platform that starts to offer me feature(s)". I, and many others, prefer functionality and stability over punctuality.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    My 6700 has never crashed. Perhaps it's some other software running on your computer that is causing the problems.I'm running Windows 8.1 and a large assortment of apps with no issues with crashes.

I operate SSB, CW and Digi and can honestly say that my Flex is by far the most reliable rig I've ever owned.

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    It's not hard to see the division.  Most of us with any degree of maturity are content to wait for a solid, working release - however long it takes.  Those who are impatient would like to have it all now.  

Those same "have it all now" folks would be the first to flood the forum with complaints about the bugs in the program that "should have been eliminated before it was released".  You can't address their argument because they're irrational.

There are a lot of people working on the next release and this constant whining and crying about being violated and deceived is not making things any better.  

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Open conversation is good.  But its hard to take it serious when you see people setting up the hangman gallows a week or two before the  "crime" has been committed.

I am impatient like everyone else. Probably worse...

But you cant get this type of "community" anywhere else. Flex has created this for us and for the most part it has worked to our advantage.  I ask out of seriousness. Has anyone ever been involved with Icom, Yaesu or Kenwood at this level ?

Rich

• Newton White
    Newton White Member
    edited July 2017
    I think some of the replies to the original rant are based upon his claim of being promised specific things - not sure what those promises supposedly are but I would like to know exactly what was 'promised.' I didn't receive any promises over that a hope and desire to meet certain deadlines with the proviso that those deadlines may not be met and the reasons they may not be met. 

To claim a promise was made if it wasn't is definitely free speech, but worth exactly what we paid for it.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    A purposefully inflammatory and negative post is not a protected opinion, especially when it is lazy & ignorant of actual FRS communications. That is being deconstructive by whining. Maybe the ignorant should have their own thread - wait they do called "eHam.".... Defending an **** on free speach principles is admirable, but still leaves what they said factually wrong. YMMV as it was predictable someone would have a temper tantrum. But don't forget in your protected speech ideal that my opinion Eric was out of line and factually incorrect is ALSO valid protected speech. There is a difference between though. I'm doing my best to keep to the facts and take the time to read what FRS is communicating. Oh, and unlike some of the relentless critics I actually own Flex-6000 radios. 73 Steve K8ZW
  • Brenton Meadows
    edited July 2017
    I have just recently bought my flex 6700 and maestro to suit so patience is not a problem as I'm having a ball with so many facets of the 6700. Can you correct me if im wrong, version 2 will allow say the maestro to hotspot from various internet sources instead of just an intranet application that I am using off my loval router currently. I have fallen in love with the 6700 and the maestro and even though I love using my icom 7850, it's so good to now Say, there's no chance of getting bored, that's for sure. Is there an indicative price for the flex smartsfr get 2.0 as yet? And I'm on no hurry, rather have bugs removed by experts no matter what the delay. Cheers brenton vk3cm tangambalanga north east Victoria Australia
  • Mal
    Mal Member
    edited July 2017
    I wish I could sell it, but nobody wants to buy it.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    How long has it been up for sale?
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Brenton,

Yes, v2 will allow you to use Maestro remotely over the Internet.  You can also go remote using iPhone, iPad, or Windows devices.  I have been operating my home station in restaurants around town using my iPad over LTE cellular.

The price for the v2 upgrade is $199.  This price includes any future 2.x upgrades that may be released at some future time.

Gerald
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Curious which Flex 6000-series product you find so hard to dispose of - I'm certain a buyer could be found if you would only bother to solicit offers...

I assume it is a Flex 6000-series product you wish to be rid of, since those are the only devices impacted by a delay in SSDR 2.0.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    you want buggy software? Really, I bet no one eles will vote for that one.
  • Brenton Meadows
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Gerald, is it advisable to transfer the warranty over at at a USD cost of I think $89 when there is only a few months left. The old ownwrvof the signature 6700 said he may have been able to get her 2.0 free but doubted this would be true as I have now become the second owner. My thinking was i was not seeing any issues in this great 6700 system, and with only a few months left, investing into the version 2.0 might be more beneficial. Your advice appreciated Cheers brenton vk3cm Tangambalanga north east Victoria Australia
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    It's not like anyone has actually paid Flex $199 for the upgrade yet, have they?

The only issue I see here is a missed release date, that's it.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    The warranty only covers the hardware
  • KD7CAO
    KD7CAO Member
    edited July 2017
    I would be ecstatic. I wouldn't be upset because it would finally be here.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.