Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V2 remote no audio

WA5YOM
WA5YOM Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am trying my first remote connection from a Windows 10 system... No audio..I have checked the obvious....( I have audio on my iPhone)...What am I missing?

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

Click on "REMOTE" in the title bar of Smart SDR. Otherwise the audio continues to come from the speakers connected to the radio.

Craig, KØCF

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Since you're using the iPhone make sure

1. you have the iOS profiles selected
    2. DAX is NOT selected

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Dax is selected,,,,not using ios profile... no audio stream on dax
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Remote button gave me distorted sudio...nothing on Dax stream... even so, under the buzzing on the speakers.,.I can heat a signal....I know the speakers are good..could this be a network issue?
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Flex remote audio on a WIndows system plays back through the Windows device selected for 'Default playback'.  In the windows audio device manager check to see that the PC speakers are selected for default..

AL, K0VM
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Everything was selected correctly...underneath the buzzing coming from the speakers was a slight hiss...and I could hear some cw....but breaking up..I was about to give up... restarted SmartSDR for the (I don't remember how many times), and suddenly it started working......Even while working...I never saw a audio stream on the DAX channel....I did notice that there was a TCP connection to a port on CAT....??????? Network connection appeared to be the same...wonder if another program was running in the background and robbed resources....????
  • Tony
    Tony Member
    edited May 2018
    I also have this issue.  The radio is located at home so I thought I would try and connect from work.  Installed SmartSDR on the work PC, connects to the radio just fine, Smart CAT works OK, but I can not get the Dax audio working.  I select DAX 1 for say slice A and no audio shows in the Dax window, and no audio supplied to the JT65 program I am running, the same on TX audio.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    DAX is not supported over SmartLink
  • Tony
    Tony Member
    edited August 2017
    OK that explains it, when will it be covered as most of what I do is digital and need DAX.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    It is being considered for a future release.
  • Tony
    Tony Member
    edited August 2017
    Yes please gets my vote as now need to go back to using third party software and remote connecting to my PC to work digital, is there a work around as I see this as a big issue having paid for an upgrade to aviod third party software.
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    So...to make sure I understand ...if DAX is not supported....then it makes no difference what DAX channel is selected per slice?
  • Tony
    Tony Member
    edited August 2017
    DAX does not work no matter what you select it is not currently supported.  I have dug out the old virtual audio cable program that I used with the Flex 5000, sort of works but audio quality on TX is not as good.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.