Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V2 Panels not closing when disconnected?

John - K3MA
John - K3MA Member ✭✭
edited April 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am seeing what I think is a strange behavior with SmartSDR V2.  I operate with multiple monitors and I have the Flex Settings panel opened in a seperate and undocked location on a different screen than the Panafall.  The issue comes up when I start SmartSDR on another device.

Here is what I see happening.  I log in to SmartSDR from another device which shows the Flex is in use and I disconnect the "in use" session.  I can then launch SmartSDR on the new device normally.  On the old device the Panafall shuts down and I get a window indicating that another device has shut it down.  However, the undocked settings window does not shut down and instead looks as you see in the screen capture below. 

I would have thought that normal behavior would have all windows docked or undocked shutdown and not just the Panafall.  I have not tested if this happens to other undocked windows.

John K3MA

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    This is not the intended behavior.  I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker as issue #5215 for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Your welcome.  I thought the second SWR, Temp meter and the FWD Power going to 2K was interesting.

Am I correct in assuming that is part of the software to be utilized once the amplifier is released?  Maybe a **** question since there is a OPR button and AMP indicator highlighted.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    My V2 panel does not have the amp button?
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Mine does not either Bill.  That only appears when I go thru the disconnect/log in on another device process as outlined in the first post.  It seems the bug is exposing additional GUI options already baked into the software but not released for prime time.  Not as big a deal as the recent Apple leak but maybe a preview none the less.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    John - the answer is yes.  The amp controls only show up if the amp is connected to the radio and SmartSDR-Win shows the modified display.  In your case, the radio is disconnected and the orphaned window does not have accurate state information, so it defaulted to that screen.  It is a consequence of the bug. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.