Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V2 LAN Remote...Thoroughly Confused

Options
N1UW
N1UW Member
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have V2 installed on the station computer (I'll call this the "host"), the firmware updated in the radio, the license installed, and the radio registered with the Flex server.  I have a network bridge set up between the radio on the Ethernet port and the WIFI LAN port (Thanks, Tim.)  I am logged into the Flex server on the host computer. The network health tool shows the connection as flawless.  Host is Win 7 64 bit.

I have V2 installed on my separate laptop (I'll call this the "client").  I see the 6500 as "Available" but when I click on CONNECT I only get the Whirling Blue Death Spiral until V2 conks out and I have to close it. The client is Win 10 64-bit.

Noteworthy behaviors: If I have the network bridge active, I cannot start V2 on the host.  If I delete the bridge I CAN start V2 and SSDR operates normally.

From the client, I have tried to connect to the available radio logged into the Flex server, not logged into the server, with V2 running on host, not running on the host, wearing sox, not wearing sox...you get the picture.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Frank N1UW

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    The radio itself is the server (or host). In the initial release of v2.0, only one SmartLink client is supported. So, your shack PC is it. When you try to connect with the laptop, the radio cannot handle it, so it fails. Turn off your shack PC, or at least shut down SSDR, and you should be good to go. Also, you don't need to do many network gyrations. As long as the radio can get to the internet (either via port forwarding or uPNP), and so can the client computers (any computer running SSDR is a client of the radio), things should work.
  • N1UW
    N1UW Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi, George.  Unfortunately the router is on another floor in a cabinet under the TV my wife is watching, so the Flex isn't going there...at least tonight.  So, the host has to at least be up and logged in for the radio to talk to the LAN.

What you say makes complete sense:  I tried connecting with the client without starting SSSDR, DAX or CAT on the host and still no joy.  (I have removed DAX and CAT from the autostart.)
  • N1UW
    N1UW Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    PROBLEM SOLVED...USER GUIDE AUTHORS NOTE

While trying to connect a "remote" laptop to the 6500 connected to the same LAN via a "host" computer with the Ethernet and WiFi ports bridged:

When starting SSDR V2 on the laptop and the SmartLink window appearing( but NOT signed in), highlighting the available radio and clicking the CONNECT button locks up the application and requires a restart of the  laptop.

The successful way to connect to the remote radio is simply to double click on the "Available Radio" button.  Everything works beautifully from then on.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.