V2 DAX issue with two radio on same computer

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • (Edited)
This all worked good in V1 but since updating to V2 DAX does not seem to identify and connect to a second Flex 6700 on the same LAN using the same computer.

Here are the details.

I have two Flex 6700 that operate from a single computer.  One is for the HF station and one is for the EME station.  When I want to use a particular station I power down the Flex 6700 that I do not want to use and power up the Flex 6700 that I want to use.  Previously, in V1 this would work flawlessly.  I would see the "Radio Not Connected" appear at the top of the DAX panel when the first Flex was powered down and then once the second Flex was powered up the DAX panel would show it was connected.  Since V2 this no longer works.  Only one of the Flex 6700's gets connected to DAX and the second one never finds a connection.  Even if I shut down DAX and relaunch it.

Has something changed in V2 to cause this issue?

John K3MA
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 248 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9052 Posts
  • 3435 Reply Likes
I cannot reproduce this behavior.  If I have one radio powered on when I boot the PC, it connects to DAX.  I then power it off, power up a different radio, then stop and restart DAX and it connects to it immediately.  

It is possible that you have a filter file that is preventing DAX from connecting?
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 248 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
What do you mean by filter file?
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 248 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
No I do not have a filter file.  I do launch SmartSDR with the radio ID's in the command line.  It all worked prior to version 2 and immediately stopped after the update.   Everything else works so unless you have another suggestion I will try a uninstall and reinstall of V2.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9048 Posts
  • 3435 Reply Likes
I tried several times to reproduce the behavior you described and DAX always reconnected to the radio that was newly powered up. I am not sure what is going on.  Good luck with the reinstall.