Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V2.60 need to update?

Lasse Moell
Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
After reading the release notes for V2.62 I am a bit confused, does v2.60 suffer from the "SD corruption" bug, or was this introduced in V2.61? What about V2.49?

And finally, do all Flex 6000 series radios contain SD-memory cards?

/Lasse SM5GLC

Answers

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    >> And finally, do all Flex 6000 series radios contain SD-memory cards? <<

Yes
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Yes,  all 6000 series have SD cards.
  • Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Guess I can answer my own question... Just switched on my Maestro and the 2.60 was gone. I had only to choose to upgrade to 2.62 or down to 2.49 to run my radio. So I assume Flex really want to push everyone to the latest version ( or stay on 2.49).
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    At this time v2.4.9 is not a safe version. You run the risk of SD card problems. A new release is soon coming for V2.4.9,,,,   It is strongly suggested that you follow the advice and upgrade.
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I really don’t care to upgrade beyond v2.4.9, too many issues that have come up with subsequent releases and there are features I don’t really care about unless it ensures better stability or better noise filtering. I’ll wait for the new release that impacts v2.4.9 only...
  • on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Good morning or good evening ,
    The big change for me with version 2.6.2, is the latency, now more stable at 1 and 2 ms.
    ON5PO, Janny

• Paul G4AFU
    Paul G4AFU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Agree Rob....I was running V2.61 but had problems with TX drop out etc. on CW. Downgraded to 2.49 and is now stable. Very loath to change now. 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I hope your SD card hangs in there for you till the update comes for your version 2.4.9

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.