Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

v2.6.1 suddenly not responding when opened

Randy Hollingsworth
Randy Hollingsworth Member ✭✭
I am running SmartSDR on a Dell PC with an Intel i7 processor running Windows 10.

About two weeks ago I downloaded and installed the latest version of SmartSDR, ver. 2.6.1 Since that time it has worked perfectly, until today. All of a sudden, SmartSDR will not load correctly. When you double click on the SmartSDR shortcut, I get Windows blue delay circles, then nothing. If I run the Windows task manager, a black rectangle opens top to bottom on about 20% of the screen width on the right side of the screen and I get the message that the SmartSDR program is not responding. Task Manager shows that the program is running but not responding.

The only changes made in the prior 24 hours since the program was working correctly were that I opened a port on my Norton firewall (9101) trying to get remote control software to work with my Alpha 87A amp, and I added a Norton Internet security extension to my Chrome Browser. Thinking one of those changes could be the cause, I backed both out and rebooted the PC, but SmartSDR would still not run. I then deleted SmartSDR and reloaded the software and it would still not run, same issue.

At this point, I will rollback to a prior working version of SmartSDR, but would appreciate any advice on how I might get ver 2.6.1 working.

Randy, K0FA

Comments

• Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Have you tried to reboot the computer?
  • Randy Hollingsworth
    edited October 2019
    As mentioned above, yes, I did reboot the PC
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
     Open Task manager, Look and see what is using up your disk space. If  it's running at 100 percent then Smart SDR will not load correctly and will not run. When you find out what is using up all your disk space,, look and see it's importance. If its not a crucial program then disable it at the bottom of the screen after you highlight it. It may be more than one issue running and using disk and making your PC run slow and freeze up. .  The black window you are seeing is Smart SDR not loading correctly. Hope this helps.
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Also Randy, You should never just delete.You should always uninstall the old smart SDR.
     Never just delete. I hope this helps.
  • Randy Hollingsworth
    edited November 2019
    Well, the problem has returned. The 100% disk fix worked last time, but now SmartSDR (ver 2.6.1) is not starting again, and the disk usage is only between 1 and 20%. Same symptom as before, I get a black rectangle on the right side of the screen. Task manager shows that SmartSDR is not responding. I have once again rebooted the PC, and then uninstalled and reinstalled SmartSDR 2.6.1, but it still will not run . Any suggestions appreciated.
  • N6PAT Pat
    N6PAT Pat Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Check your firewall settings and see if your Ethernet connection to the radio is flagged as public or private. Sometimes my Avast software changes this on its own and when it does SSDR is blocked from running.

It should be set to private
  • Jeff Carson
    Jeff Carson Member ✭✭

Did anyone find a fix? I have this problemwith v3.2.39.

Black rectangle. Resources are low, the app wont launch or takes a LONG time to launch then it wont open properly, just the black rectangle.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Jeff, I would submit a help desk ticket. I am sure that Flex has seen this or something like it before.

• Jeff Carson
    Jeff Carson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022

Fixed it. Just moved and had a different network set up. Let me explain.

What works: Modem, Router/wifi - this goes through Cat 5 to the shack where there is a switch where the PC and Radio connect.

What didnt work: Modem and then to Cat 5 and then to the switch. This did not work, gave the above results..

I'm thinking the router assigns addresses to all the devices, making them work. My modem had two ports, made me think it had an IP server in there, guess it didnt.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Great Jeff, I am glad that you got it going again.

Yes, typically it is the router which provides the DHCP services that makes all the IP address assignments.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.