Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

v2.3.9 installed seems to create an old problem for my 6500.

Phill Beistel
Phill Beistel Member
edited July 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I downloaded and installed 2.3.9 this morning (both Windows and Maestro versions.) .
The install went very cleanly. However, after about 20 minutes, while transmitting, the 6500 started 'Clicking' and the audio started to drift. I had this problem a while back and had to send the 6500 back for phase-lock loop repair. Not wanting to do that again, I downgraded to v2.3.7 and the 6500 has been running now for well over an hour with no issues. This is the first time that I've had to do this to keep the radio running. Before I downgraded, I did the clearing and rebooting and full power off and it still did the clicking and drifting. So I guess for the moment, I stuck with v2.3.7. I wonder if anybody else has experienced something similar?

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

Hello, Phil,

Sorry to hear about your problem. I have two 6500's I remote and a 6600 at home and have none of the issues you describe. I had a problem on the last version with incorrect quality of data reports using VPN, but that was rectified nicely on this version. Hope you get to the root of your problem.

Jim, K6QE

• Phill Beistel
    Phill Beistel Member
    edited July 2018
    Well, I uninstalled All the SmartSDR versions from my computer. re-downloaded the 2.3.9 installer and installed same. So far, it all seems to be working. Maybe I had a bad download or a 'farbled' install. But so far so good!
  • Phill Beistel
    Phill Beistel Member
    edited July 2018
    Update 072018. The problem came back. I tried cold-booting and down-grading to 2.2.8 and the problem still existed. I have since gone back to 2.3.9 (after a new download) and the problem still exists. The problem shows up only after long transmissions (3-5 minutes or more ) and the clicking starts a click every 2 seconds or so (over and over). The clicking stops after about 5 minutes. I opened the top cover and cleaned the dust out of the 2 side fans, but it still happens.  The radio seems to function properly, however. Any ideas would be helpful!Phill (WB3DHF)
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have a click sometimes that clicks every second, it comes and goes. I understand it to be a radar some were.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.