Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V2.2.2.292 (Feature) OK What is it

WA5GP
WA5GP Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
V2.2.2.292 (Feature) 

Ok what it this ver of the Radio (6400M) I told it to load first; thinking that it was the latest installment.  Being trained by Dr Spock while on board the Enterprise, in logic and also having never seen Ver or Rev No's go backward. 2.2.2****  supersedes 2.1.3*** but then again I am in Texas.....  Ver 2.1.32 is also there and today loaded it this morning don't think I could tell the difference if I knew.  Still a kludge start up and a unreasonably long multi press system.
Mostly wondering what V2.2.2.292 is.  I made a couple of profiles and got it going with it.
I do not nor want to use a computer attached.

Answers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You're not the first person to mention the start-up confusion of SmartSDR software.  I had a similar issue when I bought my 6700 a couple of years ago.  It's a shame this start up software version confusion continues. 

Bottom line, load the latest version and ignore commands to load (or download) older versions of the software.  After you do this the first time, the start up process calms down.
  • Neal - K3NC
    Neal - K3NC Inactive Employee ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    You should not be seeing the v2.2.2. Please send me an email (neal@flexradio.com) so I can work to fix this problem!

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    His radio is clairvoyant! It's seeing future releases! Quick, ask it what tonight's Lotto numbers are!
  • WA5GP
    WA5GP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks Neal it doesn't seem to be a problem I did manage to get it running and somewhat setup and it does what I think I want it to more or less to a point.  The only reallllllly annoying thing that I am finding is the baby-setting to nurse it to start up where I left it when turned off.  What info do you need from me other than what is listed.
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Future, not feature?
    Is not it what I am waiting for, v.2.2.2.292?
    When will it be released? and what new features are in it?

73 de JI1BNU
    Ken Yamada
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Or with this software you can tune into Future Transmissions, like in the twilight zone, or Outer Limits.. Tune in the news and find out who wins the Kentucky Derby!!! :-)  Well for that you need to wait till next year, so the Belmont race is next.. Triple Crown,,  OK, so I watch to much TV...
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thats still secret ... if they told you then you would have to be deflexed so you wouldnt remember what you were told :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.