Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

v2.1.33 successful 6400 update ...

Gary L. Robinson
Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Updated my desktop computer (Ryzen 5 + 16gb RAM) and my mighty Asus X205T laptop  with an Atom 133mhz CPU and a whopping 2GB of RAM.

Both are now running SmartSDR 2.1.33 and the installation was smooth and uneventful on both. Needless to say SmartSDR runs perfectly on the Ryzen 5 desktop hooked into my network by cat 5 cable while the under-powered Asus works pretty good most of the time over my "not the greatest" wifi router hihi

Also, after going to v2.1.33, I was able to setup SmartLink and it seems to be working.  I will test it at a friends house in the next week or so.  I don't plan to do much SmartLink operation but wanted it set up and ready just in case.

Anyhow ... been real pleased with the new Flex 6400.  Seems to run cooler and quieter than the Flex 6300.  I have had no hardware problems and the only software problem I had was trying to set up SmartLink - and that problem was solved with v2.1.33 release.

I am definitely a happy camper :-)

Thanks Flex guys + gals!

---Gary WB8ROL

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018

I am surprised re your comments of the Asus router. I have three RT-AC88U's and one at my remote site. The OpenVPN works fabulously with the routers as well as their new firmware upgrade to configure the router as part of a mesh network with 4 antennas  per node. I walk all over the house and in the yard and have perfect control of my 6500 located 100 miles away using my iPhone and iPad. Don't think I have ever used a finer router than Asus nor a finer radio than the Flex.

JIm, K6QE

• Gary L. Robinson
    Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The under powered Asus I referred to was my Asus X205T laptop.   I did not mention what make or model router I had.

--Gary WB8ROL

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.